Martins Dive Shop/Share your heart Program

twinky

My Girl Scout troop would like to take donations ot Cozumel. Does anyone know anthing about the Share Your Heart program or about the sponsor at Martin's Dive Shop? Do you know of any other programs that would appreciate donations? We would really like to visit a shelter or an orphanage to balance our experience of paradise. Thank You!

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the island suffered severe flooding last weekend and there are thousands of people who have lost some or all of their personal belongings -- in some cases their very homes.

If you are coming in the near future, you might consider donating to assist one of these families or senior citizens.

Martin Valdez is heading up a flood relief fund in coordination with the Cozumel Community Foundation and has posted information on a number of Cozumel boards. Rather than me trying to recall all of the details, why don't you contact him directly.

You can contact him at [email]valdez@cuncablemas.com[/email] for more information about donating from the U.S. or while you're here.

Martin and his wife have children of their own so I would imagine that they could assist you in setting up a school visit, meeting a local family, etc., while you're here.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much for the info about the flood and Valdez as a contact!

Do you know anything about the Mayan ruins on Cozumel? Worth visiting if we only have one day(and will be swimming with the dolphins and delivering donations)? Cost of 5 people per taxis? Thank you again.

Archived