prickly pear island with miguel

ahoffmann

• 3 weeks later...

Is it March 29th by any chance?

We're still reviewing options, but please post if Miguel gives you a minimum number of folks to run a special trip.

There's just 2 of us, but we might be able to get others from the thread.

Thanks!

Wendy

• 4 weeks later...
I have stayed on Antigua 6 times. Have gone on Miguel's trip at least 4. It's fabulous. Miguel, his wife - Josephine, and their son are great hosts. Fabulous barbecue meal. I'd highly recommend it.

Been thinking of staying in Antigua. Was wondering where you stay when you go there.

All the talk of March 29...Great day I'll be 50 that day...

• 7 years later...

we did this a few years ago - my suspicion is that Miguel is only available certain days for private tours because he contracts with RCCL/X on days their ships are in port - for us, it was a cruise sponsored excursion.

Having said that - we loved it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just did this on July 24th off the Breeze, and apparently a LOT has changed since the reviews from 6 years ago. I think it was around $75 per person, and was totally NOT worth it at all. Everything on the little island is completely run down and/or broken. Rusted beach chairs, broken umbrellas, etc.

There was some sort of punch that supposedly contained rum, but I have my doubts, and it tasted pretty bad anyway. You can buy Carib beer (they bring it to the island i a little cooler, there is no electricity), but it is $2 per 275ml (about 8oz i think), which is about $4 per pint.

The beach itself was even more of a disappointment, and the snorkeling is not very good at all.

I wish I could say something positive about this excursion, but it really was simply not good. I would not have been happy even at half the price, but for $75 pp it was ridiculously bad.

Archived