Viking Amsterdam to Basel

toseaornottosea

You'll probably get a variety of answers and for some it may depend on the time of year...but for us, on our cruise (November Cruise - Nuremberg to Budapest) most people were smart/elegent casual, I suppose you would call it. People definitely changed their clothing after the tours/daytime activities.

My husband wore gray slacks and a long sleeve button down/dress shirt each night (I think one night he wore khakis and a button down/dress shirt). I wore black slacks with a variety of blouses/tops. Majority of folks were doing the same - regardless, we were very comfortable with this style of dress - so it worked out well for us.

Sm number of folks were dressier...and a sm number of folks were more casual.

We were on the Viking Eir from A to B in August. As it was quite hot, many people dressed casually for dinner. Of course, some dressed up a bit, but it didn't matter in the least if you stayed in the outfit you wore touring that day.

We were on this cruise in July with AMA - most were nice casual at night - my DH brought a sports jacket but never wore it - mostly button down shirts and polos with khakis or black or navy travel pants. I wore black or navy pants with nice tops. Most everyone else wore similar clothing - a few casual dresses, short and long.