Enchanting Moselle on Crystal Bach

Babcia7

Looking into taking the Enchanting Moselle cruise on the Crystal Bach. Does anyone know if this itinerary includes an excursion to Luxembourg? The brochure lists that 2 nights are spent in Trier, but other than a concert I can't find any other excursion options. If anyone has any info about the Crystal Bach, it would be much appreciated. My husband and I are avid fans of Uniworld, but we're considering "jumping ship" to take this cruise!

Hi Babcia. We recently did the Moselle on the Crystal Bach, and from Trier they offered an 8 hour tour of Luxembourg using Crystal's own (very nice) bus. It was about an hour to get there (and back), and included a walking tour of the center and visiting the American Cemetery. For lunch they credited everyone 30 euros, as there was not an arranged restaurant lunch (you're on your own for an hour). As an included Crystal tour we thought it was great, although our tour guide was not very good (another tour group from the ship had a better guide, so we heard).

Well, to be honest we greatly enjoyed the stops and other passengers, but we had service issues (you can read elsewhere here on cruisecritic) that did not live up to Crystal's reputation as a luxury line.

The other stop/excursion we loved was the castle in Cochem (Reichsburg Cochem); it was our first stop, and we were very pleased with the whole experience - especially the guide! She was great, and the overall experience set a great tone for the rest of the journey.