Caves in San Juan?

hexdragon

Probably mine - I am not sure exactly where the one we stopped at was. It was on the way back from the rainforest in a public park, heading towards Beach Road for lunch.... It wasn't a cave like the ones in the article above (Next trip!), btw more like water carved a small one into the mountainside, but it was cool for a quick stop, as we had other plans. You can take tours to the bigger ones from San Juan or probably mix it in with a rainforest trip with a private guide (we wanted to do the fort and it was not a long port stop or I might have.)

Probably mine - I am not sure exactly where the one we stopped at was. It was on the way back from the rainforest in a public park, heading towards Beach Road for lunch.... It wasn't a cave like the ones in the article above (Next trip!), btw more like water carved a small one into the mountainside, but it was cool for a quick stop, as we had other plans. You can take tours to the bigger ones from San Juan or probably mix it in with a rainforest trip with a private guide (we wanted to do the fort and it was not a long port stop or I might have.)

The cave you are referring to is Maria de la Cruz Cave in the town of Loiza. There's one independent tour that stops at this cave, usually on the way back from a rain forest/ Luquillo beach tour. As a brief stop on a tour, it's alright. But it's really not worth a trip just to see the cave (unless you're a local looking for odd and obscure places to visit...lol).

You can find some more info here: http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/loiza-cave/

As metion in another answer, there are no other caves near San Juan. Closest one might be Cueva Ventana (Window Cave) which is a good 1:20- 1:30 drive from the port.

Yep, that's the one, and I completely agree. It was cool as a stop to walk around as part of a larger tour but not a destination. We were there during the Bomba presentation and watched a bit of that too, but total time there maybe 20-30 mins.

The cave you are referring to is Maria de la Cruz Cave in the town of Loiza. There's one independent tour that stops at this cave, usually on the way back from a rain forest/ Luquillo beach tour. As a brief stop on a tour, it's alright. But it's really not worth a trip just to see the cave (unless you're a local looking for odd and obscure places to visit...lol).

You can find some more info here: http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/loiza-cave/

As metion in another answer, there are no other caves near San Juan. Closest one might be Cueva Ventana (Window Cave) which is a good 1:20- 1:30 drive from the port.