Ultimate Abyss Question

cantgetaname

The ride looks really neat and I'd love to try it when I am onboard. However, I might not exactly be as young as some of the other riders (or quite possibly most of them lol) I have not health problems/conditions that would keep me off the ride, except that I may not be able to jump up on as nimbly as some. Has anyone on here noticed if there are others who aren't exactly 20 or 30 anymore riding? Can you turn back if you chicken out or do you have to go on once you're there?

It's a very easy, fun slide. You can take plenty of time up at the top to get yourself situated correctly and comfortably. Just read through the sign and make sure you're allowed (based on any of your medical conditions), but I've seen 70 and 80 year olds go down the slide multiple times and love it!

Pro Tip - Wear long sleeves if you're worried about balance at all cause if you tip and fall off of your mat at all you can get a 'slide burn'. Take the time to make sure you're on your mat nice and centered up at the top.

I went on it three times in a row back in December 2016 when I was 64. The hardest part was getting back up to the beginning to slide again (elevators were slow). I have a hard time getting to my feet when I am on the floor, but the raised sides of the end of the slide gave me something to boost myself up with and made it easier than in other situations. Looking forward to the slide on the Symphony in March.

I'm 68 & went on it several times with no problem. Keep your arms tucked so you don't scrape the sides. It goes fast &

I was a bit dizzy when stopping, but it went away quickly. It was fun, especially doing it with my grandkids.:)