Someone please help how should my kids dress

911princess

Kids have the same rules as adults in dressing for dinner, so no shorts or jeans. For formal night, "church clothes" can work; some people borrow a jacket for a little boy if there's no other place to wear it before he grows out of it. If you have a young daughter, a lot of the little girls wear Disney "princess" outfits to formal night, and they look very cute. If your cruise has a pirate night, you might consider brining something pirate-y if your kids want to dress up for that. For non-formal nights, a pair of khakis works great for the boys (can wear them every night), and a sundress or skirt for girls. There's a self-serve laundry on the ship, so you can wash the khakis if they fall victim to spaghetti sauce or something.

Howdy,

The above poster is right. Girls wear princess dresses on formal night, boys generally wear khaki's and a collared shirt. On formal night a couple either have a jacket or a vest and tie. On the 7 day it seems the parents tend to dress the kids more than the 3 and 4 day cruises.

As long as they are clean, no shorts, tank tops they will be ok. About 3 months ago they said nice jeans are ok too accept on formal night. When we cruised last month on the magic there were lots and lots of families in nice jeans. I was surprized at the numbers.

mom x4, grandma x4

I have cruised twice aboard the Magic ( & leaving Saturday for our 3rd voyage). Both times my son wore nice khaki or navy docker type shorts. Nobody said a word....even on "formal" night. As long as their clothes are neat & tidy, I believe let the kids be comfortable. My daughter (& I ) wear "dress" sandals also to dinner w/ a sundress.

Archived