GEM question

On the deck maps look for mini suites that also have the Handicap symbol... I think there are some aft facing mini-suites that are handicap accessible . I'm not certain that there are other handicap mini-suites... mostly because the tub is one of the selling points of the mini suite on the Jewel Class ships...

Ahhh....this bath tub/shower thing rears it's head again! I can't put my finger on it at the moment, but there has been discussion in the past about the tubs: some people love; others hate it! I travel with elderly people and they prefer to be on Deck 11 because of the proximity to the Garden Cafe/ Great Outdoors, etc., but they find that they have to take a shower in the Spa because they cannot get in and out of the tub easily. There are few handles, the tub is sloped, and there are glass doors - all of which can ad up to an unpleasant situation while underway in heavier seas. The cabins on deck 11 are larger; they have a larger sofa with a curtain divider, and of course, the tub. On the lower Decks, 10 for example, the cabins are smaller - not really noticable in my opinion, and stall showers. That issue aside, I have found Deck 11 to be very noisy. Depending on cabin location, you are either under the Kitchen, the cafeteria, the teen disco,or the pool. You will hear the deck chairs being stacked, the decks and pools power washed, and the metal chairs being replaced while being dragged across the metal deck. If under the restaurant, bear in mind that it is essentially a 24 hr operation with things being cleaned and food supplies being brought up. Still, others (including some in my party) have voiced no complaints. I go to Deck 10 from now on because of the above reasons, but to each his own! Happy sailing!