FYI - CB 1/28 sailing and kids on board

leenie29

Just an FYI-

After reading the reviews of the CB for the last couple of weeks, realizing these were holiday sailings filled with families and kids, I was curious about the number of kids on board and wanted to see what kind of numbers of kids were on the 1/28 CB sailing that we are going on. My boys are 7 & 11 so those were the age groups I was looking at. The res agent at Princess said there 97 kids in that age range (7 to 11) and around 200 total kids on board for that CB sailing.

Eileen

Dear Eileen,

Hello from the other side of NJ!

Can I ask who you called to get this info? Did you call princess directly?

Also, My understanding is that when they have more kids on board they will break into 4 groups not 3. Do you know if this is true?

By the way, we have been on other cruises before with lots of kids. Please keep in mind that often a large number of the kids don't go to the kids club for a variety of reasons. Even if they do, they often are not all there at the same time. The only time we ever had a problem was on the RCCL Jewel last year when there was TOO FEW kids, and the staff did not do a lot of the organized activities.

Thanks!

Good morning, Eileen.

On our cruise last year (week of 1/21), we didn't see children until the day were at Princess Cays, and there weren't many. If there were a significant number of children onboard (similar to your numbers), they were certainly well-behaved and well-occupied.

Sailing on the CB in 18 days!

Chris

Dear Eileen,

Hello from the other side of NJ!

Can I ask who you called to get this info? Did you call princess directly?

Also, My understanding is that when they have more kids on board they will break into 4 groups not 3. Do you know if this is true?

By the way, we have been on other cruises before with lots of kids. Please keep in mind that often a large number of the kids don't go to the kids club for a variety of reasons. Even if they do, they often are not all there at the same time. The only time we ever had a problem was on the RCCL Jewel last year when there was TOO FEW kids, and the staff did not do a lot of the organized activities.

Thanks!

I called Princess directly. The res agent gave me the number of kids for my kid's age range (3 to 12). She said they will be running a full regular program on CB and that the kid's program staff can do a bigger variety of activities even when there are smaller number of kids on board. She also said there are 3 groups 3-7, 8-12, and 13-17 year old and then they are divided further within each age range group (i.e. the 3, 4, and 5 year olds would be doing different things from the 6 & 7 year olds even though they are in the same group) . We'll see how it works.

My 11 year old hates the kids group and seldom participates prefers to do his own thing but my 7 year old loves it and we have to drag him out, sometimes screaming. He doesn't care what activities they do, as long as he as some sort of fun (which is anything that doesn't involve his brother).

We were on the NCL Dawn in June 2004, the first sailing that most of the tri-state schools were out for the summer. There were a ton of kids (it seemed like many more kids than adults) on that sailing but very few were in the kids club, mostly the younger kids from ages 3 to 8 were participating. At times my 7 year old was the only kid in his age group's kids' program.

Good morning, Eileen.

On our cruise last year (week of 1/21), we didn't see children until the day were at Princess Cays, and there weren't many. If there were a significant number of children onboard (similar to your numbers), they were certainly well-behaved and well-occupied.

Sailing on the CB in 18 days!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can't believe we're leaving in 18 days!

The low number of kids is one of the reasons we like to travel when it's not school holidays. It's just too crazy and chaotic when it's a holiday, everyone suffers. This is the time of year we like to travel with them and it gives my kids a better travel experience.

Eileen

Archived