Upgrade Advantage Program

cruisincorgi

Have Epic sailing 12/15. Got email yesterday from NCL with an email from TA as she was notified as well

I have a deck 9 minisuite now. They offered a spa mini suite and 5 Haven choices

Glad you have time to bid as my husband passed away 9/5 and I’m not sure as to whether I am going or not. He asked me if I would go if he died before the sailing and I said no. This would have been cruise number 16. I’ve also said to myself go and

Make it your last. If I go I’d like the opportunity to get a more expensive cabin at a cheaper rate. See how I feel in a few weeks

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he’d want you to go. I’d imagine being pampered on a cruise would be a nice distraction. I don’t know about you but I know I’d be nervous to travel without my husband but I’d just plan on staying on the ship instead of touring the islands alone. Or meet up with others in the roll call.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if you have 2 cabins (there are 2 adults 2 teenagers) and are upgrading to an owners suite which has room for all 4 of us, how does that work since we don’t know when and if we get the upgrade? I did get an offer to upgrade for both cabins. I obviously know the upgrade would be per person but I’m just wondering how it works going from 2 cabins to 1...

thanks

Or if I leave my teenagers in their mini suite and just my husband and I try to move to the OS which would be fine, however I’m not listed on the reservation (we have one adult and one teenager listed on each cabin) so would I be blackballed from entering the Haven lol. 

14 minutes ago, Kdiamond55 said:

Or if I leave my teenagers in their mini suite and just my husband and I try to move to the OS which would be fine, however I’m not listed on the reservation (we have one adult and one teenager listed on each cabin) so would I be blackballed from entering the Haven lol. 

You can enter the Haven as a guest, but would be unable to use any of the Haven amenities while there. There is no path to upgrade from two rooms to one via the Upgrade Advantage Program.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:21 PM, DebQ5 said:

I have a 2 bedroom haven suite on an upcoming cruise. I got my offer to bid email, and of course it was on my NCL homepage as well about 2 weeks ago. There are only two cabins that are considered upgrades, and one is a one bedroom, so that wouldn't work. The only upgrade feasible is the deluxe owners suite, but the minimum bid is $750/pp. I have paid an enormous amount for the room I currently have, as I wanted to be sure to be in the haven and felt wealthy that day for some reason. I just ignored the bid offer. I just got another email, much more pointed, with links to bid on the upgrade (same minimum bids). I responded to the email saying it was too expensive after what I've already paid. NCL please just give me the upgrade and sell my room in an upgrade!! Has anyone ever heard of this happening anymore? 🙂 Of course I'm perfectly happy with the room I have and can't wait for the cruise, but stop sending me emails!

You can always call directly and upgrade and just pay the difference. This is often cheaper than bidding.  Always do a mock booking before placing a bid.  We did this on the Jade after the OS price dropped.  The bid they asked for was much higher than the upgrade price.