Salerno

Made Up Name

My family and I are sailing on the Disney Magic in June 2019 which includes a stop in Salerno. Disney has rarely visited Salerno, so I'm looking for information about the port. Specifically, we are interested in taking the Trenitalia train to Pompei to visit the ruins. I think I have the train part of it figured out, but I'm a bit puzzled on how to get from the cruise ship to a train station. I understand the Port may have a shuttle bus that transports passengers between the Port and the town. Can anyone share with me their recent experience with the shuttle or the availability of taxis (that hold 5 people) at the Port?

Based on my research, it looks like there are 3 train stations in or near Salerno: Salerno, Duomo-Via Vernieri, and Vietri Sui Mare-Amalfi. Vietri Sui Mare-Amalfi looks to be the closest to the Port, but I'm not sure where the Port shuttle takes passengers to.

At Pompei, it appears we should get off the train at the their main station and walk several blocks to the entrance of the ruins.

Thanks!