First Time British MSC Magnifica Cruise Black Tie??

davenew

We will be taking our first MSC cruise, departing Southampton 8 Oct, to northern Europe for 7 nights, and was wondering how many “conform” on black tie night(s).

Has anyone done this cruise who can advise, and how many they have on this cruise as there is only one sea day, and it is the last night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't done this exact cruise, but we have sailed MSC in the Med. We found it very dressy on the formal nights- there was a huge mix of nationalities on board and lots wore traditional formal dress. Lots of sparkly long dresses and ballgowns too. I wore a nice maxi dress and felt like I could have dressed up a lot more!

Again not been on this specific cruise but on ours we had 2 formal nights and one wasn't a sea day.

There will be 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise.

We were on Poesia last week on an East Med itinerary and very few dressed up for formal nights; in fact, it was hard to believe that the second night was an 'Elegant' one (we had no sea days). It will really depend on the demographic onboard for your cruise as to just how formal people will dress.

We haven't done this exact cruise, but we have sailed MSC in the Med. We found it very dressy on the formal nights- there was a huge mix of nationalities on board and lots wore traditional formal dress. Lots of sparkly long dresses and ballgowns too. I wore a nice maxi dress and felt like I could have dressed up a lot more!

Again not been on this specific cruise but on ours we had 2 formal nights and one wasn't a sea day.

I was thinking more of a DJ rather than a sparkly dress [emoji12].

Guess the dj has got to be taken then .

Thanks for your reply

There will be 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise.

We were on Poesia last week on an East Med itinerary and very few dressed up for formal nights; in fact, it was hard to believe that the second night was an 'Elegant' one (we had no sea days). It will really depend on the demographic onboard for your cruise as to just how formal people will dress.

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking more of a DJ rather than a sparkly dress [emoji12].

Guess the dj has got to be taken then .

Thanks for your reply

Are you sure, I bet you could pull it off lol.

To be honest I don't remember what the men we wearing! But it was dressy all round.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We did a 12 night itinerary on the Magnifica in June and I took my DJ and my wife took posh frocks for the elegant nights. We were very much in the minority but most people made an effort with men wearing jackets and ties and ladies dresses. My advice would be to take and wear what you feel comfortable in.