NCL Special: Children Free

1kycat

I've seen several post from ones who booked during one of these specials. Do these come around very often? And where are they posted? Are they in the Latitudes weekly deals?

And when this deal comes around...is it usually more last minute oriented...or can you take book things way out.

I appreciate any help. And thanks for helping a novice.

There doesn't seem to be any particular rhyme or reason as to when these specials appear, and they can appear and disappear quickly, too!

Your best bet is either to team up with a good TA and advise them of what you seek. When they locate the deal, they'll contact you. Or, spend time frequently searching the NCL database - clicking on the "Special" key, or searching the individual cruises you have interest in.

This is just my own experience, but others may have more detailed information or advice! Read everything you can! :)

Vigilance is key. Good luck.

I guess it is for 3rd and 4th passenger regardless of age or relationship, unless there is an error in what I read. These are the sailings it applies to. I cannot post a link to the site that advertised it as it is not permitted here on Cruise Critic. Although as I said before, just call a TA that has a clue or call Norwegian and they should be very capable of handling your request.

Norwegian Spirit

Feb. 26; Mar. 5, 12, 19, 26; April 9, 23, 30; May 7, 2006

Norwegian Dawn

Jan. 2, 12; Feb. 2, 23; March 16; April 26, 2006

Norwegian Spirit

Jan. 19, 2006

Norwegian Spirit

Jan. 8, 29, 2006

Norwegian Dawn

Jan. 22; Feb. 12; March 5, 26, 2006

My 2 year old son is free + port charges, we are thinking of bringing an 8 year old with us also, they quoted $590 inc. port charges. I was told children under age of 3 are free only. We are booked on the Spirit on March 19th.

Mike

My 2 year old son is free + port charges, we are thinking of bringing an 8 year old with us also, they quoted $590 inc. port charges. I was told children under age of 3 are free only. We are booked on the Spirit on March 19th.

Mike

Call NCL direct, they will tell you whether or not this applies to your 8yo. There was discussion on this board of some TAs saying this didn't apply and then NCL granting the discount. I know I saved $1,200 with this discount.

Call NCL direct, they will tell you whether or not this applies to your 8yo. There was discussion on this board of some TAs saying this didn't apply and then NCL granting the discount. I know I saved $1,200 with this discount.

Hey gregandamy,

Thanks for the advice. The day I called the TA to have them check the price for the 8 year old, my regular TA wasn't in and the woman who checked seemed to be annoyed by having to do it. Wouldn't surprise me if I was given wrong info.

Mike

Mike, I am booked on the same cruise as you and I was able to book d/h and I and our 3 and 5 year old children and only paid the taxes on the kids. From what I have read this promo applies to any 3rd or 4th passenger in a triple or quad stateroom on certain cruises. If you have problems let me know and I'll email you the contact info for my TA who had no problems booking this cruise for us.

I used the NCL booking site to check and it showed the 8 year old as free. Will contact my TA today. I like my TA alot but the woman I spoke to that day was awful. I'll make sure to express my displeasure. Anybody know if there is an "expiration date" on this offer? Thanks for the help.

Mike

I used the NCL booking site to check and it showed the 8 year old as free. Will contact my TA today. I like my TA alot but the woman I spoke to that day was awful. I'll make sure to express my displeasure. Anybody know if there is an "expiration date" on this offer? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Mike, good to hear you may get the discount. I don't believe there is an actual expiration date, but my TA told me these things can come and go very quickly, sometimes the same day. I hope you find someone better at your TA's office. If they give you further trouble, ask NCL to call them and intervene.

Talked to the TA today, she contacted NCL while I was on hold. After about 10 mintues she got me the deal. At first the NCL rep quoted a price of $590. My TA then told the rep that I had read (on CC) that others were getting the 3rd & 4th free deal so she looked into it further and voila...there it was. So tomorrow I will go pay the port charges and get him on the docs. He doesn't know. The cruise leaves on March 19th and his birthday is on the 22nd. We are telling him we are going to his Aunt's house on Staten Island for the weekend on the train. We'll take the train to New York and then a cab to the pier. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the ship.

Mike

Talked to the TA today, she contacted NCL while I was on hold. After about 10 mintues she got me the deal. At first the NCL rep quoted a price of $590. My TA then told the rep that I had read (on CC) that others were getting the 3rd & 4th free deal so she looked into it further and voila...there it was. So tomorrow I will go pay the port charges and get him on the docs. He doesn't know. The cruise leaves on March 19th and his birthday is on the 22nd. We are telling him we are going to his Aunt's house on Staten Island for the weekend on the train. We'll take the train to New York and then a cab to the pier. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the ship.

Mike

Good for you! Have a great time.

Mike

You should give eveyone of us $1 for saving you almost $600! ;)

Only kidding! :D

We are sailing on the Dawn 3/16 and our 17 yr old son will be sharing our cabin for only taxes! The 3rd and 4th person is free regardless of age, I believe.

3rd & 4th person for this Voyage is only $107 pp. Pricing for this date has increased several hundred dollars in the past 2 weeks. Wife and I will be travelling with our 2 1/2 yr old son (3rd Person).

Archived