Tip for Immigration at St. Thomas

bonniemari

If you have a tour planned you'll have to stand in line with the masses-according to our friends who had a tour planned it took a little over an hour to get through the line.

We have been to St Thomas several times and the only thing we had planned was some jewelry shopping. The ship (Valor 1/1/06) was delayed getting to St Thomas due to some mechanical problems so we did not arrive in St Thomas til 11.

We had breakfast around 11 sat up on the Lido deck til about 12:45 and then went back to the cabin. We had been in the cabin about 15 minutes when the phone rang and it was the pursers office telling us there was no line at that point so we went down to immigration got our little stickers and were off the ship in 5 minutes.

Everyone has to go through immigration whether you are planning to get off the ship or not-guess we must have been some of the last people through immigration. Since we had not been through immigration yet that is probably why they called-but it worked-didn't stand in line at all.

I don't think you understand the immigration process in St Thomas.

We didn't hold anyone up-once you go through immigration in St Thomas you can get off the ship. So by the time we went to immigration most everyone that was getting off the ship had already done so.

We were in St. Thomas in August of 2003 and we had to go thru the whole "immigration" thing before we could get off the ship (which I was very upset about, they told you that you would have until 10:30 to go thru immigration and then got over the loudspeaker at 7:15am to tell everyone that they had to go) anyways, I was in St. Thomas again last April and we didn't have to go thru immigration like that. I'm hoping next time we visit I won't have to either. We just got off the ship like normal for our excursion this past April, no waiting in lines at all.

So, if I am understanding this correctly we might have a problem getting to our tour w/Godfrey that I scheduled at 9am when we get to St. Thomas. We leave on 3/11 and can not wait....Guess I will need to email Godrey and let him know that I will need to chg to time to later.....That will stink. We were looking forward to 3 hrs of shopping before the tour. Help:eek:

So, if I am understanding this correctly we might have a problem getting to our tour w/Godfrey that I scheduled at 9am when we get to St. Thomas. We leave on 3/11 and can not wait....Guess I will need to email Godrey and let him know that I will need to chg to time to later.....That will stink. We were looking forward to 3 hrs of shopping before the tour. Help:eek:
No, you won't have any problem whatsoever. Triumph does not call on any foreign port prior to STT.

Cruisingal like Tef said we are good to go. We are meeting Godfrey at 9 as well, see ya there.

Cruisingal like Tef said we are good to go. We are meeting Godfrey at 9 as well, see ya there.

Besides Godgrey knows his shps, he will wait for you or make sure you know he is coming straightback for you...

Have a great time.. Godfrey made our trip to St. Thomas a wonderful memory... After the tour I told him I wish I had known there was a Kmart in town and he said do you want to go? , I can take you and you can shop before the ship sails... LOL ........ Off we went !

:)

Just wanted to add that I loved our tour with Godfrey......it was a few years ago, but very memorable. He made us feel so special, as if we had known him as a friend. Would do his tour again...just for his kind way and courteous manner.

Never have been to the K-Mart in STT....must give that a try.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am worried about this too. We are on the glory and I was interested in booking a tour with sunny liston, however I have been told by some people that we might not be off the ship until noon. If this is the case we would miss all the shopping that they do in the morning :( What do you guys think? We dock at 10 I was hoping to be off by 10:30-11:00.

novella

Archived