Tortola question

familyof4cruising

I will be visiting Tortola on Monday April 10th on the 4/6/06 Dawn.

Can someone please give me a few answers:

Will I see a Speedy ( ferry) rep at the pier when we get off the ship?

Does the ferry run every hour from Tortola to Virgin Gorda?

Should I make a reservation? or is it not necessary?

When we arrive in Virgin Gorda are the BATHS in walking distance?

Thanks

Rep won't be at pier, at least there wasn't one when we went, had to walk a short distance to ferry and we bought tickets there. Unfortunately, ferry doesn't run every hour, you have to keep careful tabs on time. As a matter of fact, we missed our return ferry and had to catch another back, the captain of that boat was kind enough to let us return with them, the passengers from another ship and on a tour.

It isn't within walking distance when you get there, you'll have to get a cab, there are plenty there, and he'll take you up and come back to get you. Or maybe they wait, I'm not sure.

It was a gorgeous day and the snorkeling is like swimming in an aquarium. Reminded me of the South Pacific with all the boulders.

Rep won't be at pier, at least there wasn't one when we went, had to walk a short distance to ferry and we bought tickets there. Unfortunately, ferry doesn't run every hour, you have to keep careful tabs on time. As a matter of fact, we missed our return ferry and had to catch another back, the captain of that boat was kind enough to let us return with them, the passengers from another ship and on a tour.

It isn't within walking distance when you get there, you'll have to get a cab, there are plenty there, and he'll take you up and come back to get you. Or maybe they wait, I'm not sure.

It was a gorgeous day and the snorkeling is like swimming in an aquarium. Reminded me of the South Pacific with all the boulders.

Not sure the answer to that, however, the schedule for both Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke could probably be found. I don't have the ferry website, but you could do a search for it either here or on a web search engine.

Archived