Nitpicky Maasdam Category G stateroom question

Sayyadina

Hi, clueless newbie here. My husband and I are wanting to book a G category room on the Maasdam. The Holland American book I have has 6 of these rooms on the Main Deck numbered from G507-G510, G515-G516. However, every online agent I've checked (and I've checked a LOT) had three rooms available on the A Deck: 704, 709, and 711. In the book those are H-category rooms. Huh? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for answers to this strange question! :confused:

Jody

Hmmm...the 2006 Europe brochure I have lists 704, 709, and 711 on A-Deck as indeed being G category on the Maasdam. Conversely, the 2005 Panama Canal brochure lists them as being Category H on the Statendam, Ryndam and Veendam. Either HAL changed the designations for 2006, or these staterooms just happen to be G category on the Maasdam. Regardless, it looks like there are indeed some G-Cat staterooms on A-Deck on the Maasdam.

Hope that helps! It seems like a bit of a puzzle...

Either HAL changed the designations for 2006, or these staterooms just happen to be G category on the Maasdam.

Hope that helps! It seems like a bit of a puzzle...

This is what I was thinking, too. I will probably wind up just calling them and finding out. Thanks!

Jody

Archived