RCCL tender tickets

oppoman

I have read where some people have to get tickets for the tender boats and I would like to know if RCCL requires this? If so, how soon during the cruise can I get tickets for the first boat leaving the ship?

I have read where some people have to get tickets for the tender boats and I would like to know if RCCL requires this? If so, how soon during the cruise can I get tickets for the first boat leaving the ship?

Tenders vary in size but when we went there they did not give out tickets. You can check with guest relations on the ship.

For our cruise, tender tickets were distributed early in the morning of that port day. We got ours so early that we were group #2. So few people needed them in Cozumel that they just allowed everyone to board the tenders without them. We waited in line for no more than 5 minutes before a tender arrived & picked us up. It was just a short 10 minute ride to Coz... very pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks on RCI shore excursions don't need tender tickets...Only ones who need them are the great unwashed who either arrange an independent tour or who are on their own. The latter need to pick up tender tickets at the spot designated for your ship - usually the Schooner Bar or a similar public area. If you are on your own, I recommend that you plan to depart between 7:00 and 7:45 a.m., otherwise you're going to be sitting and waiting while the excursion crowds get off...

LL

We were on the Explorer of the Seas from 1/15 to 1/22 and the tender situation was a nightmare. If they say they are being handed out at 9:15 am be there at 8:45 and wait for them. We were lucky to be in group 2 and we didn't have a real problem.

We only had 1 pier for tendering and it took forever to get back on the ship if you were close to the departure time. We were told the last tender was at 4:30 but the ship didn't sail until 6 pm because of all the delays. We were lucky that we just wanted to relax that day so we went shopping and had a relaxing lunch at Pancho's and went back to the ship about 3 pm and only waited about 30 to 45 minutes. Some folks waited 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

We were tendering to the international pier so I am not sure if that makes a difference. It also cost us an hour in Grand Cayman because we left Cozumel so late.

Archived