Taking minor on cruise from another country

grossnmoe

ok, so I am booked on the Serenade of the Seas next month. I am currently in the process of trying to take our high school exchange student with us. Our exchange student is from Spain.

I have a notarized letter from his parents stating I can take him out of the country and make emergency decisions, have his visa updated so he can leave and re enter the USA, and have checked ports to make sure no visas are needed for him.

Is there anything I am missing? I have never cruise with a minor that isn't mine before and want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Thank you in advance.

How great! Make sure the trip is cleared by his sponsoring organization. Rotary, for example, requires that students fill out a request form when leaving the district. Failure to do so can result in an early return for the student.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I personally would not do this. We had an exchange student that wanted to go on a cruise to the Bahamas while her parents were visiting in the USA. Her parents did the "right thing" and asked the sponsoring agency if she could go. The sponsoring agency denied permission. Personally I would take her and not ask permission from sponsoring agency as long as all visa paperwork to take her out of the country and for her to return is in order. I think the main reason our student was denied was because she was visiting with her Parents, and usually the agencies don't want the kids to have physical contact with their families while they are away at their program, but your student could be denied for other reasons. Take her and ask for forgiveness when you get back.

Ok, so I have the agencies permission as I had to get it to have his papers altered so he can leave USA and re enter.

Have parents permission

He has medical insurance.

And he is visa exempted for all ports.

Thank you for all the suggestions & keep them coming if any others are thought. Better to be over prepared than under.

Since you have the agency's permission, I would also ask them if they are aware of anything else you may need. Surely there is someone at the agency that has experience with this sort of thing. It seems like you have all of your bases covered, but I understand wanting to double and triple check.