?? re: Pride of Aloha

marie&rick

plan on renting a car while in port (all major agencies have shuttles from the pier) and plan your own excursions, you'll save $$ and time.

Keep an open mind, NCL America isn't a 5-star cruise, but is a nice cruise if you think of it as a hotel on the ocean.

plan on renting a car while in port (all major agencies have shuttles from the pier) and plan your own excursions, you'll save $$ and time.

Keep an open mind, NCL America isn't a 5-star cruise, but is a nice cruise if you think of it as a hotel on the ocean.

Thank you for the tips. We have arranged to rent a car at every port and do our own excursions. Is there anywhere to park the car overnight for 2 day rentals?

Thank you for the tips. We have arranged to rent a car at every port and do our own excursions. Is there anywhere to park the car overnight for 2 day rentals?

There is free parking at the port in Maui. There is also parking at the port in Kauai and I believe that was free as well.

You said you had made plans to rent a car at the ports..do you mean you already have the reservation? I highly recommend doing it before hand if you haven't already, cause some of the shuttles would only take people who already had reservations, and i heard many people who didn't have them couldnt get cars when they got there. We only rented in Maui through national with an entertainment coupon and got a great deal. And the parking was right there, and yes was free. If you like sunsets, i recommend doing the drive up hakeakala crater for the sunset, it was very beautiful. We did not do it for sunrise, just didnt want to get up that early, but i heard that is also spectacular!! Have a ball!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marie and Rick My wife and I also sailed on Pride of Aloha on 1-21-2006 and got back on 1-28-2006. We have sailed on this same ship when it was the Sky twice before and had a great time but on this trip the service we received in the dinning rooms was not the best, (6) people 3 hours to complete dinner also NCL also got our ship to airport transfers lost and had to take a cab to the airport. Also lot of the bathrooms on the ship had odor problems. I am sure they will get these problems corrected and and we will sail with them again. Let me know what your thoughts were about the cruise.

Jim and Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived