Split, Croatia-Krka River National Park

Any tips on getting to Krka River National Park from the cruise terminal?

Our cruise line has an excursion but it's $109 for adults and $75 for children. As far as I can tell, that just includes the transportation. Seems awfully expensive, especially since we are a family of five. We just want to check out the waterfalls and if the weather permits, go for a swim. Any advice on getting there and back?

Thanks. :)

Hi Mary,

There's a bus service, approx. hourly from Split (I don'tknow exactly where in Split, but your ship berths close to the centre) toSkradin. I googled a random mid-week date next summer (that route doesn't operateyear-round). According to my reading ofthe timetable the first bus isn't til 9.45am, arrives at Skradin 11am.

https://www.buscroatia.com/routes-search/?dSn=Split+%28HR%29&aSn=Skradin+%28Krka+NP%29+%28HR%29&d=07%2F17%2F2019&dS=1186&aS=1217

Skradin is the main "entrance" to Krka NP, youtake a boat from there to the foot of the Falls at Skradinski Buk, the boatride is included in your admission price and takes about 20 (?) minutes. Therewill probably be a line for the boat, they run every 15 minutes or so. Butassuming that you'll need to leave early afternoon you are unlikely toexperience a line to head back to Skradin.

Altho there's a boat trip from the head of the Falls acrossthe large lake (island monastery etc) it leaves way too early for you, so youare restricted to that first boat ride plus any hiking that you may want to do.

Depending on your back-on-board time, you are unlikely tohave long at the Falls.

We found it quite disappointing - and we only had to drivethe short distance from Sibenik.

Yes, the Falls are very attractive.

And yes, you can swim in the small lake below the Falls(though not under the Falls, that part of the lake is roped-off - check outgoogleimages).

But that's all there is to the Park, unless you have thetime & inclination to hike up the side of the Falls.

A very pleasant place for a family day out, picnicking,swimming, kids running around - but IMHO not really worthwhile as a touristattraction, and altho I don't remember the admission / boat fee it was quiteexpensive.

That's just MHO, others would disagree.

Check out my comments & suggestions on

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2523928 along with that OP'scomments after choosing a different ship-sponsored excursion.

JB :)