Panama Excursion On Legend???

flipper5

Hi! My First Post. We're Leaving On The Legend On 1/20 And Were Wondering How The Excursion To The Panama Canal Is. It's Pricey And Was Just Wondering If It's Worth The Money. How About Carnival Excursions In Belize And Costa Rica? Any Info About This Carnival Cruise Or It's Excursions Would Be Appreciated. Thanks!!!;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic flipper5! We did the excursion in Panama that was on a boat and took you through several sets of the locks. It was really amazing and totally worth it. I know there are several different tours that don't actually go through the locks, but it is such an engineering marvel, it may be a once in a lifetime experience.

In Belize, I would take a tour that gets you out of Belize City and out into the countryside or one of the snorkeling excursions. Belize City is not somewhere I would venture too far out on my own. In Costa Rica, we did the Green Train excursion which was bumpy, but great. It takes you back through the jungle to a sugar and banana plantation. Very lush and beautiful.

I do have lots of pics on my webshots, so just click on the link in my signature and select exotic western. Lots of pics of the Legend as well. Have a great cruise! We'll be in Belize ourselves next week!:D

Thanks for the great pics and info, popcorngal. this is really a big help!:)

I think we'll definitely book the panama canal excursion. Looks like you had a good experience on the Legend. Hope ours is as good. Will let you know when we return. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

Enjoyed your pics. wondered if you could enlighten us on how long a bus ride

when you take the canal boat trip. I think some refer to it as Ocean to Ocean.

We are to be on the HAL Zaandam March 25th and think this would be a great trip. I saw where someone was complaining about the length of the bus ride roundtrip. Our brochure says it is a 7 hr. trip.

Thanks Kate & Buck

We just booked the Goff's Caye snorkel excursion thru Carnival for the week of 2/20. I rarely book anything thru the ship, but in Belize, it's a loooong tender into the dock. Then if you want to snorkel, you have to go back out the same distance to get to the reef. The ship excursions take you right from the boat, and you can't get a tender to the dock until all those passengers have left. To top it off we're not really in port that long.

Archived