Carnival Sunshine Room 6101

zwallace

We booked on the Carnival Sunshine for the 13 day cruise this coming January. Jessica, the girl I booked with, offered what she called a "hidden gem" room on sixth deck, room 6101. Has anyone who stayed in this type of room have anything good or bad to say about them? She stated we wouldn't feel the motion of the ship since we were high enough, and also that we would have the deck in front of our room pretty much to ourselves and the people who are in that hall with us. There were no balcony rooms available, but I am going to keep trying to get one before the sail date. Any responses would be appreciated!

Being either all the way forward or all the way aft, you will feel more motion than if you were staying mid-ship. For me, the forward motion doesn't bother me but it is there.

The good news is, you have a window so you get natural light; and yes, those forward decks aren't frequently used so I wouldn't expect too much foot traffic.

And BTW, I'm also on that 13 night January Sunshine cruise - it's going to be awesome!

I had these 4J roms several times. Usually they were great. Last one had a problem with the shower wetting the floor. It was a handicapped room and had no lip to stop the water. Three other times had same room and they were great. Step out the door and you have a few steps to the deck on the front of the ship. Usually is windy there but still is nice. Did not feel much difference in movement, but it does not bother myself. You do have a window, but do not open blinds at night because you will entertain anyone on the deck. You can see out in day and not be seen, at night you can see in

I will still book these cabins for sure,

Being either all the way forward or all the way aft, you will feel more motion than if you were staying mid-ship. For me, the forward motion doesn't bother me but it is there.

The good news is, you have a window so you get natural light; and yes, those forward decks aren't frequently used so I wouldn't expect too much foot traffic.

And BTW, I'm also on that 13 night January Sunshine cruise - it's going to be awesome!

I saw your name on the roll call; you're right, it is going to be awesome!

I had these 4J roms several times. Usually they were great. Last one had a problem with the shower wetting the floor. It was a handicapped room and had no lip to stop the water. Three other times had same room and they were great. Step out the door and you have a few steps to the deck on the front of the ship. Usually is windy there but still is nice. Did not feel much difference in movement, but it does not bother myself. You do have a window, but do not open blinds at night because you will entertain anyone on the deck. You can see out in day and not be seen, at night you can see in

I will still book these cabins for sure,

Do you remember if the rooms had a mini fridge?

We were in the same room in May! Loved having a window with light, and being able to walk right outside with our coffee in the morning, especially as we were coming into ports. There is a bench on the deck by your window, which gets you out of the wind if needed. The deck is public, but I only noticed people out there on 2-3 occasions. The room did have a mini-fridge, but we also requested ice for our drinks. Very quiet hallway. Enjoy your cruise!

We were in the same room in May! Loved having a window with light, and being able to walk right outside with our coffee in the morning, especially as we were coming into ports. There is a bench on the deck by your window, which gets you out of the wind if needed. The deck is public, but I only noticed people out there on 2-3 occasions. The room did have a mini-fridge, but we also requested ice for our drinks. Very quiet hallway. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Blondie59, I'm starting to think this was a good choice and we got a great rate on the room! We will love having a quiet outside area so close to our room.