question about flight for Port Canaveral

BOONITE

We have a cruise out of Port Canaveral in April and Im researching about flying in instead of driving, but where do you fly into , Orlando? How do you get to the airport and how much does it cost for 4 people to get from airport to Port Canaveral . We had thought about getting in on Sat. and resting up and head for ship Sun. But, on return we will need to disembark and get to airport , checkin and all other stuff , so I dont know what would be a safe time to book depart out of Orlando. Any help would be gratly appreciated

You have a couple of options, you can fly into either Orlando or Melbourne.

We are flying into Orlando and then renting a car to Cocoa Beach for a two night stay before our cruise.

You can either rent a car or there are a number of shuttle services available. I found some great information at this site: http://www.mousesavers.com

It is geared towards Disney cruisers and visitors but has great cruise port transportation information.

As it will take you approximately an hour to get from the ship back to the port, I would look at flights after 1:00 just to be safe.

Hope this helps.

Diane

If you really get a good deal on air fare and rent a car and want and have the time to come in a day or two ahead, you could also fly into West Palm Beach. It is approximately a 2-3 hour drive. Yes, longer, but a fun drive if you are not in a hurry go up A1A instead of I-95. Just another idea.

Pooh

Most people fly in and out of Orlando. Going in a day early is a great idea. Return flights after 1pm are best as it is about an hour between the port and the airport. You might be able to make an earlier flight, but don't ruin a good vacation by booking a flight you will stress about making on the return.

Archived