Am I risking having a trundle bed by bidding on an upgrade?

jazzydiver

Here is my situation - I am booked in an interior cabin on the Jade with two friends. I have sailed several times with in three in an interior cabin and find the storage space in Jewel-class ships to be fine. I am fine with interior cabins - I nearly always sail in them.

I got an upgrade offer and was strongly tempted to put in a minimum bid, but have pretty much talked myself out of it. I did some research on the balcony cabins, and three in a balcony cabin seems to make the balcony almost unusable due to the door being blocked, and the sofa/chair bed doesn't sound like it's nearly as comfortable as a pullman bed.

So I was still considering bidding on an OV...but then it occurred to me, would NCL "upgrade" three people into what is normally a two-person OV cabin (no pullman) and use a trundle bed for the third person? I like the idea of possibly having a window or porthole, but the trundle bed sounds really unpleasant.

I have pretty much made up my mind not to bid, but just thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone has had any direct experience with this happening.

I was just on the Jade last month. My OA oceanview cabin slept 4 people -- 2 twin beds, 1 Pullman bed, and 1 trundle bed.

I think the only Oceanview cabins with a trundle bed would be those that sleep 4, and if you are only 3 people, your third can use the Pullman bed. Then the only issue is that the trundle bed takes up room under one of the twin beds.

JustAllie is correct - its not an issue as all the OVs have a pullman and your only a three - the layout could be an issue if your having the 2 as a dbl though

Also in Balcony class the sofa bed is fine - Certainly better than a pullman and its folded away all day so its hardly an issue

All of the OVs have pullman beds? I looked at the deck plans and a lot the OVs don't have a plus sign or a triangle - meaning they are designated as two person. So...my fear is that NCL will "make" a two-person room become a three-person without a pullman available, by moving a trundle bed into it. I think the pullmans are comfortable but *don't* want to sleep on a trundle.

Thanks for the heads up about the sofa bed being folded up during the day in the balconies - I had the impression they were not because I had read reviews about people having to climb over a bed to reach the balcony. Perhaps it depends on the steward.

I think I'll pass on bidding, since I'm OK with the inside. I knew it was a long shot to find out if someone had directly experienced such a specific thing, but I appreciate the input I received.

Happy sailing!