Carnival Legend or Star Princess?

ImCruisin4Fun

We're looking to book our 8th cruise for March and cannot decide between Carnival Legend and the Star Princess. We've only cruised with Carnival and RCCL before and would like to "try" Princess, but the itinerary we're looking at (Western), we've been to all of those ports before. The itinerary for Legend includes Colon and Limon which we've never been to. Any recommendations and personal preferences? Also, we want to book a balcony this time (we've always done inside or outside before) so any suggestions there would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did love my one princess cruise and felt there were some nice little "extras" I did not have on Carnival or RCCL.

Have you been on a conquest class ship or a voyager class ship? Personally I do not care for the mega ships myself so I would pick Star Princess for that reason alone. At least I believe the Star Princess is not a grand class ship-if it is then it is hard to say.

If you like crowds and don't mind congested buffet areas and pool areas you may like the mega ships. Many people love them and that seems to be the

way the cruiselines are going. If you like that then maybe you will like the idea of 2 new ports-I guess it is up to you-have you checked to see if Princess has another choice for you?

Thanks Momofmeg for your input. I've been on two different megaships (Mariner and Glory each twice) and I am getting tired of the crowds. I saw that the Carnival Legend was a Spirit class so a bit smaller so that was why I was considering it. But, I also felt it might be time for a change and to try Princess. Oh such decisions....wish I could go on both!!

I was on the star princess, it was sold out but I never experienced any crowds, never had to wait for anything. I could always get a good deck chair by the pool also. I would consider it a mega ship, but what do I know. It has 18 floors and the skywalker disco is fantastic. Just beware there is no nightlife after 10, you may find a handful of people in the disco, but the people who take princess are usually in bed by 10. There is no party type atmosphere, and it would probably be frowned upon.

Archived