Norwegian Pearl January 2019 cruise

EinyL

I found your other post with the ports of call.

Key West should not be any problem, regardless there may be some rather active type tours that are not recommended plus others may have limited space for mobility equipment. If you dock downtown, you can go just about anyplace on your own. If you dock at the Navy base, you will have to either take the ship's shuttle into town or a ship's tour. If a ship's tour, double check with the tour department. If you or anyone in your family collects shells, Key West has an extensive shell store at reasonable prices. Also, there is Kilwins (great chocolates). Some of the trollies are accessible which would take you to the various sites.

Basically, I think you should write to NCL Access desk (accessdesk@ncl.com) and ask what tours are available at each port for mobile devices.

In St. Maarten, you can easily walk / scoot into town. However, for tours, I suggest you check with the ship.

St. Johns, Antigua is fairly accessible. Most of the curbs have cutouts. You should be able to see the major points of interest on your own if you desire to do so.

Road Town, Tortola you can also see on your own. We enjoyed J.R. O'Neal Botanic Gardens and other sites in town on our last trip. The overall trip was approximately 2 ½ miles.

There is a lot to see in Old San Juan. Fortunately, the ship docks in Old San Juan, thus decide what you want to see and do it. I have heard that the trolley is accessible, but have not used it. We both used scooters, so we went everywhere on our own. If I had to make a choice on what to see, my first selection would be Castillo de San Cristóbal. It is approximately ½ mile from the docks. If you happen to have a US Park pass, take it along. Can be used at most the sites in San Juan. You may have to look for the curb cutouts.

I still have our plans for Road Town, Tortola and brief plans for St. Maarten and St. Johns (basically a map so I don't get lost). If you would like, I can email them to you. Just email me bettysworldnow@yahoo.com.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

One more thing. The Casa Blanca in San Juan is partially accessible. She will find very few historical buildings that are wheelchair accessible. I have not yet seen it, but sure looks interesting. I have scooted to the entrance when it was not open in hops of seeing something. Not particularly an easy trip, but doable. Here is a link with some info: https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/casa-blanca-museum-old-viejo-san-juan/

Betty