Miami airport to FLL port day of cruise

cruzdude1

we are on the Celebrity Edge 12/9/18 out of FLL. Our flight arrives in Miami the same day.

1. What is the best, easiest, most economical way to get from Miami to FLL?

2. We are staying over a couple of days after the cruise. Is it better to stay in FLL or Miami? Flight leaves at 7:30 am from Miami. So I need to be near the airport the night before. Thanks

1. Best and easiest is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :D Probably not the most economical. An UberX or standard Lyft from MIA to PE will run about $35-40 and should be able to accommodate 2-3 passengers plus normal bags. For 4-5 passengers you'll need UberXL or a mini-van/SUV taxi - expect the fare to be about $75-80+

2. You can stay in FLL or Miami or Miami Beach post cruise - it depends upon what you want to do and see. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. Cruising as a couple? With kids? Honeymoon/anniversary? With a 7:30 flight you'll be up early no matter where you stay.

You could switch to a hotel near MIA for your last night; there is even a hotel inside of the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport hotel. ;) Budget and more info will help the hotel suggestions to be closer to your target.

1. Best and easiest is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :D Probably not the most economical. An UberX or standard Lyft from MIA to PE will run about $35-40 and should be able to accommodate 2-3 passengers plus normal bags. For 4-5 passengers you'll need UberXL or a mini-van/SUV taxi - expect the fare to be about $75-80+

2. You can stay in FLL or Miami or Miami Beach post cruise - it depends upon what you want to do and see. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. Cruising as a couple? With kids? Honeymoon/anniversary? With a 7:30 flight you'll be up early no matter where you stay.

You could switch to a hotel near MIA for your last night; there is even a hotel inside of the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport hotel. ;) Budget and more info will help the hotel suggestions to be closer to your target.

I like your style John, retirement cruise just the wife and I. I see people talk about a water taxi?

I thought maybe get brunch somewhere in Miami then ride up to FLL. I open to Uber or a private car. Want to see South Beach, if the Heat is in town take in a game, Cuban food, 1great steak. We like good accommodations and great experiences.

For all of that your best bet is to stay in Miami or Miami Beach pre or post-cruise. We usually stay closer to POM in the Doubletree but the Mary Brickell area is very hot, with lots of hotels, local dining, nightlife, etc.

The water taxi is in the FLL area. Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area close to the port, or stay on the beach.

How many days pre and post cruise? :confused: