What is a JUTA cab?

lcds1

These are cabs that are regulated by the governement and are accountable to the governing agency. They are supposed to be more reputable and safer. You can identify them by the license plate and it will say JUTA on them

Jamaica United Tourism Authority - I believe is what the acronym stands for. I could be wrong on some of the words though.

Hi, I was just wondering... After you get off the ship and are at the pier area, are the JUTA taxi's in a relative close proximity. Will you have to get haggled by the locals to get to a taxi? We're thinking about spending the day at Sunset Beach.

Was just @ Sunset Beach in December. You'll love it. When you get off the ship you'll go through security building with a few stores in it. Through this building just outside will be many uniformed personell that will get your cab for you. Very safe, no harrasment.

Can't remember what cab fare was but fairly cheap as it is only a 2mile drive at the most. You can see the cruise ships from SB. Know going in that Sunset Beach will require you to surrender your sail & sign card until you. ot a big deal though, they give it back on your way out.

Look for a little white mini-van with "Rock of Ages" on the windshied. Either Dudley or his son will be driving. He was training his son when we were there two years ago. He was the nicest person we met on the island. No pressure from him. When we said no to his tour offer, he said ok & kept going. Other drivers, I heard, were real pushy and would get upset when you didn't want to take their tours.

Archived