Does MSC have non refundable deposit?

molole

I was unpleasantly surprised once with a non-refundable deposit.....always read the fine print very carefully.

I'm in totally the opposite position. We'd booked an MSC cruise with private transfers and a four night stay in Dubai prior to the cruise. Sadly my partner died suddenly some time before we were due to go. On sending a copy of his life death certificate MAC refunded nearly all the deposit we'd paid without my having to contact our insurance provider. Came with a very nice letter of condolences. Can't fault MSC or Cruise Club U. K who were our contact point

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I book online (US site) for 2020 cruise, the deposit is refundable, is that correct? Ready to book but don't want any surprises.

it may depend on where you use as your home address.

if you have a US address then there is no problem

if however your home address is not US, but say UK and you try to book via the US. you may have problems booking as MSC does allow booking from one region by using another.

There are ways around it.

If for example you can book in the US but live in the UK you will got get the protection offered by UK law and that may result in big problems if you have to cancel for any reason.

Usually as per my experience, MSC deposits are refundable till some time before your cruise (time varies with cruise region). Though, my advise is for you to get travel insurance. Try to find a very good travel insurance package for yourself. Some good stuff a good TA might offer you, not the "rubbish" thing sometimes, at least here where I live, the cruise lines offer you for some bucks. Have a nice day!

Yes.

Here is a link to MSC's cancellation policy so you can read it for yourself:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Terms-Conditions.aspx

I found out the hard way that these T&C are superseded by the T&C of any specific promotion.

In my case, the fine print did state "non-refundable deposit", in the same font size, buried in the middle of a couple of hundred words.