Renewal of vows on Marella Dream

Sarah J

Hi everyone. My husband has booked for us to have a renewal of vows ceremony to celebrate our Pearl Wedding Anniversary on board the Marella Dream next summer:hearteyes:

Please can anyone give me any more information about how it all works? Do we get more information? What should I wear? What does the ceremony involve and can we personalise it?

Any advice or information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi everyone. My husband has booked for us to have a renewal of vows ceremony to celebrate our Pearl Wedding Anniversary on board the Marella Dream next summer:hearteyes:

Please can anyone give me any more information about how it all works? Do we get more information? What should I wear? What does the ceremony involve and can we personalise it?

Any advice or information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We renewed our vows on our Golden anniversary on Discovery last year.

When you board you will be contacted by the social hostess to arrange a meeting to discuss everything.

That will include date and time, wording of the vows, and anything else. The social hostess will make a draft of the wording and send it to your cabin for your approval. She will also ask if you would like to make a statement to each other on the day, so you can plan for that.

On Discovery the ceremony took place on the bridge conducted by the Captain, so it had to be on a port day. Fortunately for us we were in St Lucia on that day and managed to have the ceremony within an hour of our actual wedding time 50 years previously (allowing for time difference).

There will be fizz provided with a cake and that will take place at the venue.

A photographer will be present for photos. Be careful though because, whilst a photo of your choice is included, the photo dept may try and sell you a package for hundreds of pounds.

Your mode of dress is entirely up to you. My wife wore a beautiful summer evening dress and I wore a dinner suit, but others we saw wore more casual dress and that looked fine too.

We booked into the Surf and Turf to follow, so it was a fantastic (& emotional) day.

I hope this helps and I wish you a wonderful anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

I got engaged on the Thomson (Marella) Dream in April. I was helped by the guest relations manager Erin to plan it without any knowledge of my partner!!

This is the email I used to arrange it all guestrelations@thomsondream.com However it may have changed due to the name change. I'd go into your local Tui they may also be able to help.