Breakaway Excursions June 2019 Cabin #10784

trj1020

We are booked on the Breakaway going to San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau this June 2019. Our ship ports in San Juan at 4 p.m. and stays until 12:59 a.m. Are there evening excursions to book? I wanted to go to the Barcardi distillery or maybe take cruise in the bay or something...anyone have any info?

San Juan City Tour

DETAILS

• 2 1/2
hrsEstimate Duration

46x36_familyRecommended_0.png

Family Recommended

Enjoy a guided drive through one of the most beautiful cities in the Caribbean with its 17th century architecture and historic buildings. You'll have the opportunity to stroll around the grounds of the biggest fortification built by the Spaniards in the New World on your self guided visit to Fort San Cristobal. Come see its Main Plaza, “Garitas” watchtowers and authentic mortor balls. Re-board your bus and continue your guided tour to the New City, which will take you to the Condado District, filled with high-rise condos and luxury resorts.

A stop is made at one of the beautiful beaches and the Capitol Building for pictures. Return to Old San Juan where you'll visit the famous Plaza Colón. Here you may choose to stay to explore the local surroundings and enjoy some shopping or return to the ship. Take a step back in time and enjoy this captivating journey through history.

Adult $59

Child $59

Evening San Juan City Tour and Bacardi

DETAILS

hrsEstimate Duration

46x36_age_0.png

Board your air-conditioned coach for the approximately 25-minute drive to Bacardi located in Cataño. Tour the famous Bacardi Visitor Center which traces the famed rum distillery's history and heritage from the company's founding to the present. Enjoy an approximate 90 minute, guided tour that visits seven exhibit rooms, including a state-of-the-art theater. Your tour concludes with a visit to the Hospitality Pavilion for a complimentary cocktail. Bacardi products are available for purchase. As you leave the town of Cataño, you'll pass the Condado District, a modern area of high-rise condominiums and luxury resorts.

This guided drive will take you to Old San Juan and its 17th century architecture alongside its magnificent historic buildings. The last stop will bring you to the famous Plaza Colón where you'll have time to take pictures of the San Cristobal Fortress built by the Spaniards between 1634 and 1771 or browse around before returning to the ship.

Adult $69

Child $69

Cuisine Tasting & Historic Walk

DETAILS

hrsEstimate Duration

46x37_meal_0.png

Meal

Discover the magic of a "cocina criolla" by spicing up your day with a cooking and dining experience where you'll taste the rich flavors of Puerto Rican cuisine. The meeting point will be the heart of Old San Juan. Here you will be familiarized with important details of Puerto Rico’s culture and the mysteries that the cobblestone streets provide. You will also visit the shopping district of Old San Juan, where you can shop for jewelry, marmalades, Puerto Rican coffee, rums, art and so much more.

The highlight of the tour is The Mofongo and Mojito culinary hands on dining experience. You can’t come to Puerto Rico and not try the Mofongo at a local restaurant that has a unique colonial atmosphere where you can appreciate the Latin flavors. The staff welcomes you with Puerto Rican hors d’oeuvres and a renowned chef will demonstrate how to create this famous dish. Be a chef for the day and enjoy your delicious creation.

Adult $109

Child $109

Old San Juan on a Bicycle

DETAILS

hrsEstimate Duration

46x36_age_0.png

46x37_height.png

Height

46x37_weight.png

Weight

46x36_snack_0.png

Snack

Explore San Juan, a 500 year old city with an experienced group of cyclists, just steps from the harbor entrance to see the highlights of San Juan, from the historical capital building "El Capitolio" to a reef sheltered city. Commencing at the dock, tour guides will lead you to the historic capital building for a brief history of the islands largest city.

Ride along the charming cobblestone streets to Christopher Columbus Square and Fort San Cristobal, seeing former battlegrounds from colonial times. Bike through the El Morro landscape to Santa Catalina Palace and Plazoleta de la Rogativa , where you’ll stop to learn about the history. After you refuel with a Puerto Rican treat, continue your journey through the other side of the city through Paseo La Princesa (The Princess Path) and Raices (Roots) Fountain. You'll have stops to take photos and your tour concludes back at the pier.

Adult $85

Child $85

Rum, Sun & Salsa

DETAILS

hrsEstimate Duration

46x36_snack_0.png

Snack

Welcome to Puerto Rico, the rum capital of the world! Here’s your opportunity to learn about the history of rum, create your own rum cocktails and learn to dance the Salsa.

Begin your journey with an enthusiastic tour guide/bartender that will walk you from the pier and narrate details of the history of sugar cane and rum on the island. You’ll first be introduced to the national drink of Puerto Rico - the delicious Pina Colada! The original, recipe was created here. As you continue your evening walk, you’ll begin your official rum tasting - prepare your taste buds for hints of spices, strong molasses and caramel overtones.

Discuss and learn where each of these rums are made, their differences and how to mix them. You’ll create two exciting Caribbean rum cocktails - whether it’s a guava or passion fruit mojito or an exotic rumtini. You’ll also enjoy a light, local snack of pinchos – chicken skewers. Get ready to learn to Salsa, your dance instructor will show you all the local moves. You’re bound to enjoy the combination of good rums, good company and salsa dancing – it’s a party.

Adult $85

Child $85

Thanks so much, I was worried they would not have anything that late. If you get a chance, when your return from your cruise, would you mind sharing which you chose and if you enjoyed it? I think my husband and I would like the San Juan Evening and Bacardi tour. I really want to see some of the city, normally on cruises I book us straight to the beach and don't see much of anything, this cruise is going to be different :)

I can already tell you we aren't choosing any of them... which is why I can still see all 5. If I'd booked one that would be the only one I can see. We are going to take the free Trolley to the other side of Fortaleza Street and wander back through the city shopping and finding some local food and drink. If I know of someone who does one or more I will ask them!

Oh yes. Old San Juan is a perfect walking port. Lots of shops un and down Fortaleza street and the adjacent 2 parallel streets and cross streets. Lots of food and drink and you should try some Puerto Rican classic food if you never have. And wonderful history. Unfortunately, the forts close by 5 or 6, but look up a walking tour and see some of the historic locations while you walk around.

Of the many ports in the Caribbean, this is one of a few that are really worth just walking.

• Like 1