Where to stay post cruise Port Canaveral

Raycin

We have a late night flight the day before our cruise, so we’re planning on just staying close to the airport and using a shuttle service to get to the port the following morning. Our flight home isn’t until Monday so I was thinking it would be nice to stay in Port Canaveral Sunday rather than being stuck in an airport hotel the entire day. Any hotel recommendations would be great! Also how do we get back to the airport from there? Is Uber or a taxi service our only option or are there more affordable shuttle services available that would be willing to pick us up from the hotel? Thanks for your help!

I would look at a one way car rental, which would allow you to stay, dine, ship and sightsee where you want and then drop the car off at MCO before your flight home. Uber is an option, and I would also check the popular shuttles (Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Cortrans, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Shuttle comparison link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2683694

Ditto to the post above, my suggestion would be to pre-book a rental vehicle (one way) at a location (Budget?) in Cocoa Beach. Once you're off the ship, take the specific rental shuttle from the port to the pick up location to get your vehicle. You then have the rental vehicle for that debarkation day as well as to get you back to MCO.

Shuttle comparison link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2683694

Ditto to the post above, my suggestion would be to pre-book a rental vehicle (one way) at a location (Budget?) in Cocoa Beach. Once you're off the ship, take the specific rental shuttle from the port to the pick up location to get your vehicle. You then have the rental vehicle for that debarkation day as well as to get you back to MCO.

Thanks for the tips! I sure appreciate it. We made reservations with Cortrans Shuttle Service for round trip service from our hotel, but I like this idea so much more!! So budget offers pick up right from the ship to the rental?

Thanks for the tips! I sure appreciate it. We made reservations with Cortrans Shuttle Service for round trip service from our hotel, but I like this idea so much more!! So budget offers pick up right from the ship to the rental?

Yes, most of the major rental companies have shuttles from the terminal to their locations.

Budget https://www.budget.com/en/locations/us/fl/port-canaveral