Captains Club.

chromered7

It only adds value once you've climbed high enough on the loyalty ladder to get all those added perks. So until then, no. A ship or cruise line has to stand on its own merits. And if it can't to that, it's highly unlikely that I would stick with that line long enough to accrue all of those loyalty points. OTOH, if I had sailed often enough to reach elite, or beyond, one would think that continuing to choose X would primarily be because we preferred their sailing experience, and the loyalty perks were simply a nice side benefit (not a determining factor).

I agree...A cruise line choice stands on the merits of the cruise line. I select Celebrity because of the ships, stateroom, itineraries, staff, food, etc. The loyalty benefit should become icing on the cake!

Of course. But to get to Zenith you must have chosen Celebrity many, many times before such a level even existed. Unfortunately, the level is so very, very hard to reach that most of us never stand a chance to get there. I've been cruising Celebrity since 1992, with almost 50 cruises under my belt. I'm about half-way there. Wish they would create a level in-between Elite Plus and Zenith.
Another Captain's Club level between Elite Plus and Zenith has been requested many times, but so far Celebrity has unwisely done nothing about it.

By failing to provide another obtainable level within reach, they are just incentivizing their most loyal passengers to move on and try other cruise lines.

When comparing several cruises that are otherwise equally appealing, those extra loyalty benefits do help sway our decision, especially when lured by the incentive of climbing the next rung up the ladder, but only if we can see it right in front of us within obtainable reach.

I am Elite on Princess and after my 4 day cruise on Celebrity in November, will be Elite on Celebrity. I love the loyalty benefits on Princess such as the 90+ internet, dry cleaning, stocked bar-fridge in cabin, to name a few. However, I will be Elite on Celebrity with just 4 cruises...but they were chosen for the ports/itinerary/vacation time/prices. I am not trying to achieve Elite Plus/Zenith as what I would pay to get to that status, I could pay with the Go Best and get all those benefits. Now to keep my loyalty, both Princess and Celebrity have to be competitive in pricing and itineraries....as there is a whole wide world out there for me to see.