Carnival Spirit Balcony Questions

melodi1963

Can anybody tell me, on the Carnival Spirit, is higher really better or is the Empress Deck just fine?

On the Balcony cabins with 60 sq. ft., they are recessed on the boat, can I look over the balcony and see the front or back of the boat? Or would I really want to anyway?

Doing Alaska in 2007, and I want to make the very most of this cruise, and want to think of everything.

Thanks,

Melodi1963

We have cruised several times on Carnival Spirit. We prefer our balcony cabin to be in the aft section of the ship near the aft elevators and stairs. We prefer the lower decks - the closer to the water, the better for us! Also aft elevators provide quick access up to Lido deck for food and aft pool or down to the dining rooms or to the promenade deck to get outside quickly. We enjoyed this ship and would sail on her again any time! If you decide on this location try not to get the first two cabins that are next to the hanging lifeboats and I think you will have good enough views - maybe a small obstruction looking forward where the lifeboats stick out a little, but clear views looking back. Hope this helps.

Thank you Bucky3,

So are you saying don't go higher, or just that you don't have to go higher to enjoy the view?

I'm shooting for mid-aft section, starboard side. (Northbound cruise, Alaska)

How were the balcony conditions? Big enough for 2 chairs? Have to bring your own?

Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Thanks,

Melodi

We found the standard balcony cabins to be very comfortable. Don't know what you are comparing to but the balconies are adequate and have a small low square plastic table, a regular plastic chair and a tiny low sort of lounger plastic chair. On one of our cruises there was an additional regular chair - may have been three in the cabin before us - and the third chair made it crowded but still doable. Closet and shelf space is very adequate and the bathroom is roomy for this type of accomodation with a good shower and shelf space on both sides of the sink. We had excellent pressure and plenty of hot water. Sitting area in the room has a coffee table you can adjust up or down. Suitcases fit under the bed. I'd say the deck you are on would be just YOUR OWN personal preference. We prefer to be close to the water!

the Spirit has GREAT aft balconies... all the way in the back of the ship that give a full 180 view and by far I beleive these are the best viewing for Alaska! Have a great time... we are going bacl to Alaska for the fourth time in May 2007... went on the Carnival Spirit, Dawn Princess and Norwegian Sky... liked the Spirit the best by far!

Archived