AD Minisuites All Sold Out on My Cruise

DonLou

I booked an AD minisuite (Emerald deck) for a European cruise on the Golden Princess 15 months from time of sailing. Now, with 9 months to go, I just checked to see if the price went down and found that this group of cabins is all sold out. I guess I won't be getting a discount for my cabin. I'm glad I booked so insanely early.

• 2 weeks later...
They constantly move people out of the AD's and resell them. As sunnyv mentioned, if you want to stay in the AD make sure to mark it no upgrade.

Thanks, Pam. But why do they constantly move people out of these? Too popular? Too lousy? (I do have a no upgrade on it).

I love the AD's. I've had an AA before in a great location but I prefer the covered balcony and privacy of the AD's. The cabins themselves are identical. You will get more exercise with the AD and since I am typically lazy when it comes to exercise.

Hey! What gives? I checked the AD categories again this evening and now there are 3 minisuites available. What type of shell game is going on here and why? Anyone have any idea? I'm confused.

- cancellations

- people changing their reservation

- tour operators booking & releasing blocks of cabins

- princess moving people around

Same for the Crown when I checked last week, however, the price had dropped slightly for September and my TA came through. I had booked in May...another early bird here. ;)

I booked an AD minisuite (Emerald deck) for a European cruise on the Golden Princess 15 months from time of sailing. Now, with 9 months to go, I just checked to see if the price went down and found that this group of cabins is all sold out. I guess I won't be getting a discount for my cabin. I'm glad I booked so insanely early.

Well, I just checked the Crown and almost the same situation. There's now one cabin and guarantee available. Glad I stated no upgrades also. Enjoy, DonLou! ;)

Hey! What gives? I checked the AD categories again this evening and now there are 3 minisuites available. What type of shell game is going on here and why? Anyone have any idea? I'm confused.

Archived