Fly2Fun starts booking 6 months prior to cruise?

Justprettynpink

okay...kind of new to Carnival (they have not record of me - sailed in 1990) and I see that I have to wait to do online registration.

I need to book our flight home from the cruise. We are using award travel to get there. When I tried to see about booking a flight, I was told I have to wait until 6 months prior to my cruise.

In my experience booking one way is cheaper with the cruise line than directly with the airline but I have never heard of having to wait....what if the flights book up?

I am sailing in July 2019 from San Juan.

We booked ours through the cruise line for next February months ago. Probably paid more than we could have if we just waited for a price drop but wanted to be able to pay a little at a time and they said if there's a cancellation or something, we're still guaranteed to get to the ship?

Did you book your cruise directly through Carnival? If not, you'll need to have your TA book your Fly2Fun flights.

Yes directly with the agent that booked our cruise. Flying to San Juan from Rochester, NY which is considered a "small" airport and doesn't fly everywhere or it's costly to do so, so we jumped at flights that were the time slots that worked best for arrival/departure to/from airport to our home. She stated that if there was a delay/cancellation then Carnival would get us to the ship at their expense so I'm hoping that's the case.

It was also nice to pay for the tickets a little at a time but I've paid off our February 2019 cruise already so now just saving up spending money!! ;)