I called the Upgrade Fairy... She answered.

CodyMiles1994

We are going on Sunshine in a few weeks over Halloween. We are booked in a deck 2 oceanview room. Called in to ask about a possible upgrade to deck 8 balcony knowing that it is currently listed at $2,065.98 (before taxes, gratuity included). After speaking with someone we are now paying $1,615.98 for the same room (with taxes, gratuity included) only $260 more than what we are currently paying! I may have called at the right time, may have spoke with someone new who quoted me low, but the fairy exists! And gladly took it for the low price.

And yet when I look. [ATTACH]430018[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

That’s because you are choosing the Fun Select rate. I can get that rate too. But the CLIA Free Room Upgrades Sale and the Free Room Upgrades Sale rates both give me the price shown in my original post.

0fd421c0e5880d30d83aa04c89ca7d9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Yes, it is all in the rate that you choose. Different people have different rate offers. That is why you need to look at your "offers" after you login to the Carnival site.

I see those prices as well as a rate for myself that is $1486 for the same cabins on deck 8 and one for $1518 as a "last minute Canadian" rate for a guarantee balcony. What I am curious about is the "gratuity included". I don't see any rates that include gratuity. Taxes and port fees, but not gratuity.

I believe that the online booking plays games with customers trying price. The software is more sophisticated than you think. First I think they play head games with cabins available. Saying certain sections or decks are full to even out bookings. Second is that they always want it to seem that there are only a few cabins left. We booked 6 months ago for a cruise next spring. First, on the deck we wanted, only aft availability and only 4 cabins. Every time I check only 4 cabins and now they are bow - but bow was full when we booked. Now aft is full but bow has 4 cabins left. Different cabins every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the online booking plays games with customers trying price. The software is more sophisticated than you think. First I think they play head games with cabins available. Saying certain sections or decks are full to even out bookings. Second is that they always want it to seem that there are only a few cabins left. We booked 6 months ago for a cruise next spring. First, on the deck we wanted, only aft availability and only 4 cabins. Every time I check only 4 cabins and now they are bow - but bow was full when we booked. Now aft is full but bow has 4 cabins left. Different cabins every day.

This very well may be the case. But in the end, she decided that she now wants a balcony. I got a balcony for a decent price. So, a discount or not, it's a win.

Hi

Nobody is hiding anything.

Don't forget when you plug in your information (on the Carnival site) and you select a specific "rate" you are shown available cabins and price for that rate. If you select a different booking rate you may or may not see other cabins.

Just as if you select 2 passengers you will not see cabin available that can accommodate 3 or more people. You can eventually see all available cabins if you enter all variable. If you are looking at a specific a ship/sailing there are other better booking site where you can more easily view other available cabins.

One other thing to consider, as it gets closer to the sail date you will often see cabins that weren't available previously, just because at a certain point that "upgrade fairly" starts trying to move people out desirable cabin categories (those that are selling well) and entice them into more expensive cabin categories.

hope this helps