Star class Harmony question

We will be sailing in Star Class for the first time on October 13th. Our genie is Araceli (I’ve read nothing but great things about her). There will be at least one night where we order from one of the specialty restaurants to be eaten in our suite. Who delivers this? The specialty restaurant, room service or our genie? If it’s the restaurant or room service I am assuming I should tip more than a regular room service delivery. If it’s the genie I am assuming I tie that in with her tip at the end. I am just trying to be prepared with my tip cash so I would appreciate anyone’s experience with this. Thanks!

The food itself will be delivered by room service. Sometimes the Genie will show up and "set" the table ahead of time...sometimes not. Just depends on the situation and the Genie. We always tip when food is delivered, regardless of who brings it. Your room attendant will be the one to clear everything away. In other words, room service does not come back and pick it all up unless there is a large party and the Genie has made arrangements for that to happen.

Be prepared for a lot of interruptions throughout the cruise. The one thing my husband truly objects to about being in Star Class is that there is CONSTANTLY someone knocking on the door to bring something, pick something up or arrange something. This happens to everyone, to some extent, when you are in a full suite but when you are in SC it can get ridiculous. Sometimes you just wanna leave the door open and tell everyone "just come on in...".

Even with that warning, I definitely recommend that you have some meals in your suite. We found, after a few tries, that breakfast is our favorite as it is generally still cool enough to eat outside and if breakfast is delivered, we don't have to get up early, get dressed and make it to the CK (or whatever restaurant we are going to go to) before the stop serving (we are night owls so we sleep in). Dinner is nice but it can get very warm outside in the evenings. Also, be aware that they will bring all of your food at once so even with a large table, you will still often be shuffling plates around to find all of the various courses. Also, you must tell them EVERYTHING that you want including bread, butter, salt, pepper, sugar. If you don't tell them you want it, they will not bring it. Breakfast just seems to be simpler.

The food itself will be delivered by room service. Sometimes the Genie will show up and "set" the table ahead of time...sometimes not. Just depends on the situation and the Genie. We always tip when food is delivered, regardless of who brings it. Your room attendant will be the one to clear everything away. In other words, room service does not come back and pick it all up unless there is a large party and the Genie has made arrangements for that to happen.

Be prepared for a lot of interruptions throughout the cruise. The one thing my husband truly objects to about being in Star Class is that there is CONSTANTLY someone knocking on the door to bring something, pick something up or arrange something. This happens to everyone, to some extent, when you are in a full suite but when you are in SC it can get ridiculous. Sometimes you just wanna leave the door open and tell everyone "just come on in...".

Even with that warning, I definitely recommend that you have some meals in your suite. We found, after a few tries, that breakfast is our favorite as it is generally still cool enough to eat outside and if breakfast is delivered, we don't have to get up early, get dressed and make it to the CK (or whatever restaurant we are going to go to) before the stop serving (we are night owls so we sleep in). Dinner is nice but it can get very warm outside in the evenings. Also, be aware that they will bring all of your food at once so even with a large table, you will still often be shuffling plates around to find all of the various courses. Also, you must tell them EVERYTHING that you want including bread, butter, salt, pepper, sugar. If you don't tell them you want it, they will not bring it. Breakfast just seems to be simpler.

Thank you!! This is very helpful. Can you give me an idea of what you would tip when having a full meal delivered from a specialty restaurant? There are 4 of us.

If you want minimal interruptions tell your genie this from the get go. They'll know when you're out to dinner or at a show and can arrange for the mini bar or deliveries to be handled then. That's what we did. I think in the 7 days we were there, the bar attendant only came by once.

The first day you will have a lot of people coming by. After that, you can set the expectation.

Thank you for this thread. We are in Star Class October 27th on Harmony. Can anyone give me an idea of what to tip for food delivery? We plan on having breakfast every morning on the balcony because then we don't have to wrangle our two little ones to a restaurant that early!