Fascination Caribbean Itinerary what did ladies wear on formal/elegant night

glittergal1

Hello first time sailing with Carnival and the first time in the Caribbean. I love dressing up for formal nights however Im unsure what to wear for this particular cruise as ive read Carnival is more casual than other lines and that a Caribbean sailing again more casual than the Med cruises ive taken.

Any ladies out there who can post their pictures of their formal dress to give me an idea please.

I found that the women on this cruise tended to dress up a little more than they did on other Caribbean cruises. There were a lot of fancy cocktail dresses and suits for the men. A large number of guests were having pictures taken on Elegant night. I do not remember any long formal gowns, or tuxes on the men. I did not see any shorts, T shirts or ball caps in the dining room. I tended to dress as I would for church on Sunday, I never felt under dressed. Dress up if you feel like it, especially if you plan on having pictures taken, I don't think you will feel out of place.

Enjoy this cruise, Fascination is a great ship. The ports are the best you will ever visit.

“Fancy Flip Flops”. [emoji23] Inside joke for the Carnival boards since this piece of attire seems to come up a lot here when asked what’s appropriate.

But as others have said, wear whatever you like. Some people will be dressed as if they are first class passenger on the Titanic while others will be dressed as if they are going to Chili’s on a Tuesday night. And there’s always the infamous chain dress photo that makes an appearance every couple of months on this board.

That’s the beauty of Carnival and their somewhat loose dress code. Wear whatever makes you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I typically wear a short cocktail/sundress and wedge patten leather dress sandals. All my dresses are travel friendly wrinkle free pack them in a ball type.

Most men are not in suits or tux; a dress shirt and tie or sport coat is pretty common and consistent with their elegant evening dress code. You will also see people wear polos, mistakenly believing that it is a “dress shirt” and dark jeans, even though the dress code prohibits it.

That is a long way of saying, just dress nicely and you will blend in with the crowd. Save your long dresses for other lines like Princess that still have a formal night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to dress up, do it! There are still plenty that do dress up on this cruise. We sailed last year on it, and my daughters all wore evening gowns. I just wore nice dresses. It has changed a lot...we sailed this similar itinerary 25 years ago, and I wore a formal dress, my husband wore a tux. Everyone at our dining table of 8 was dressed the same.

Hi, just my two cents, I dress up in coat and tie, and my wife dresses up formal, we do it for us, and the pictures we take for our children and grandchildren, these are our memories not anyone else, so feel free to dress up as much as you want, these are your times, so enjoy, and do not feel out of place, as you will have plenty of company thank you

Having actually sailed the same itinerary as the OP from San Juan (all on Carnival ships) I can say that you can dress up as much as you want and will not feel over dressed at all. You will see that many locals sail Carnival and we definitely love to dress up for occasions. You will not likely see tuxes and long evening gowns but suits and ties and cocktail dresses will be plentiful. Don't be surprised to even see 15 year olds and their whole families dressed up to celebrate their "quinceañero" (Latin version of sweet 16). You'll also see some "I-don't-care" people who prefer to just go as their happy-go-lucky spirit desires but that should not get in your way of a great evening.

On Elegant night on Fascination, you will see a few suits for men and evening dresses for women. The vast majority will be in what I would call "business casual"... something you would see men and women wearing to work in a nice office building in a city.