Cancelation

DebLi

Does royal Caribbean canceling cruises? I am on empress of the sea to Cuba leaving 4/29. What are the chances it will be canceled? Want to book my plane reservations, etc.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chances of cancelling a cruise are very slim - there are only a select few conditions in which this would occur, those being charters, mechanical issues, last-minute drydock decision (extremely rare, happened for Allure last January but that was the first I’ve heard of that) - overall I think you’re good. I would always recommend travel insurance in any case, just to be safe. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Royal does cancel cruises from time to time, but it's a low probablity.

If you have reason to believe your cruise has a high probability of being cancelled, then consider booking air with Royal's Air2Sea program. You would get your air money back if they cancel.

Royal does cancel cruises from time to time, but it's a low probablity.

If you have reason to believe your cruise has a high probability of being cancelled, then consider booking air with Royal's Air2Sea program. You would get your air money back if they cancel.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCI just canceled a March 2019 cruise on Grandeur for dry dock.

They offered rebooking on other cruises, and an allowance for costs of changing air fare.

But travel insurance is a GOOD idea.

As others have said, cancelling is always their last resort. If there is some problem due to weather or other issues at the ports, they will reroute to different ports.

(For example, due to possible hurricane, our Oasis cruise went to Cozumel and Costa Maya instead of St. Martin and St. Thomas.)

If you are considering buying cancellation insurance, check what is available with your credit card as well. My Visa card covers cancellation for any trip that I pay for with that card.