Advance Booking NCL Sun 02/25/07

jjprugby

My wife and I plan on taking the NCL Sun's cruise out of New Orleans Feb. 25 - Mar. 4 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best and cheapest length of time to book in advance ?

Anyone else interested in this cruise?

:D

We are on this cruise and it is now leaving from Miami. Orginally it was from New Orleans and we booked two days before Katrina. Then we were told it was going out of Houston. Changes our airfares. Then in January moved to Miami. We again had to change our flights. Got information yesterday. What site are you on that isn't updated?

SC, the original poster wrote 2007, not 2006.

The Sun is still scheduled to be sailing from New Orleans starting in the fall season 2006.

The cheapest time to book a cruise, once you decided on the ship and date, is today. Up to Final Payment Date, there's no penalties if you decide to cancel.

Just watch the ticket prices, and if it falls, rebook the cruise and lock in the cheaper price. If the prices rise, you're already locked into the existing price.

But all that changes after Final Payment Date. From that point on, what you paid is the price of your cruise.

But if prices fall significantly afterwards, ask your travel agent to try to get you some onboard credits, or look for an upsell.

p.s. My signature contains links to photos of my recent Sun cruise.

Archived