Bliss Alaska 9/22/18 quick review of sail away mini suite 10290

littlelulu01

Recently returned from Bliss sailing. We had previously sailed Jewel class exclusively. I’ve sailed a variety of categories from inside staterooms on up but husband has only tried the Haven, which was way out of my budget on the Bliss. We bid unsuccessfully for a Haven upgrade.

We ended up really enjoying the Bliss and specialty dining. We purchased spa passes prior to sailing for $249/pp. The Bliss has an extraordinarily streamlined process for getting on and off, booking and changing reservations.. our stateroom attendant was excellent. Specialty venue service was also excellent.

I booked late and got a mini suite sail away rate for a very reasonable price. We were immediately assigned 10290, an accessible mini suite close to aft elevator banks. The accessible ms room we had, while very institutional feeling, gave a welcome addition of square footage. I think next time I’d probably go with a pick your own stateroom and a non accessible. Of note- this mini suite (mx category) is the exact same in size and furnishings as the balcony accessible stateroom next door. The deck plan shows the balcony accessible stateroom as smaller but there’s no difference in balcony or stateroom size compared to the mx mini suite we had.

There’s some other very good reviews of the ship so I won’t go into much detail. Overall we loved it. Found it easy to get around the ship. really enjoyed the Glacier day and our Skagway train to Canada and then 2.5 hour mountain bike ride back to Skagway. Our sailing was 9/22/18. Had pretty good weather except in Juneau.

The extras do add up but we knew that going in. Specialty dinners, spa, race track... all worthwhile to us. We’ve sailed to Alaska several times in the past and also have a daughter working up there so we were not so into the Alaska experience as we were in just having a relaxing easy and relatively inexpensive quick trip.

Here’s some pictures of the stateroom, bike trip, glacier day.

9c6718425836f1c6186078cfb1ba88a5.jpg

fcd009b47935a87368036ac6aaa83b08.jpg8197d61c5849ee5572e6d6e94cf957c0.jpg

29a2d071db309cf6b533f81c687f6e80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone is interested in the bike/train tour in Skagway. We ended up booking through Ncl. With our latitude discount and no free at sea shore excursion perk it was a few $ more than booking with the company. Worth it to us to pay a couple $ extra and book through ship. If you had shore excursion credit it would have been less than diy. The company was great. They made sure bikes fit everyone and do a check up on everyone at a highway pull out not too far into the ride. They said we’d be going 25 mph but I’m pretty sure we were cruising faster. A little uphill but not too bad. A person of average/not good fitness can do it no problem. It really was a thrill and the fall colors, fresh snow in the mountains, waterfalls and glaciers along the way are truly breathtaking. Here’s a shot from my iPhone looking across at one point where we could see the train going up as we were descending. You go through customs on your bicycles but they didn’t check our passports. We had to show upon entering Canada but not returning. Had them with us just in case. 4552ad7494634c0d9fd4ed3b3d486959.jpg

f82cd2a57b42fb13a1a301065dabb3b2.jpge79dac4a68d442778ca444f7942f7252.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the Bliss! Great review too :)

Your photos are beautiful with the Fall colors.

Your balcony looks to be double the size of a regular balcony.

Did you find Spice H2O to have any cigarette smell?

Glad you enjoyed the Bliss! Great review too :)

Your photos are beautiful with the Fall colors.

Your balcony looks to be double the size of a regular balcony.

Did you find Spice H2O to have any cigarette smell?

Thanks [emoji4]. Not bad for smell. Not many smokers but idk how that will work when the Bliss does sailings with more smokers onboard- not many smokers west coast. A little soot from smoke stacks too. The racetrack had some soot issues as well but it makes it a little more real feeling vs the electric vehicles they really are. Can’t imagine what the fuel costs are on such a big ship but it certainly does burn black so best to wear dark colored clothes. Spice h2o was right up from our room but was often closed for private functions along with Margheritaville. They advertised quick breakfast up there. One morning I ran up to get a little something to take back to room and they had a beautiful spread set up. Typically they placed, “closed for private function” signs but no signage so I grabbed a plate. Was promptly shooed away[emoji51]. That might have been sailing specific due to filming of commercial on our sailing.