Do all stops at Roatan go to Mahogany Bay?

mek

Carnival built mahogany bay.

There is still the old pier in Coxen Hole - which I think is used by non CCL lines. In the past so many cruisers had not done their research and did not plan shore excursions and pulled into CH - for off the boat, said this is a dump, and got back on. The investment in MB has been well worth the money.

You can always look at the cruise ship calendars and they will tell you piers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would refer to it as the Coxen Hole Pier, not the old pier. Anyone who has been there can tell you that it is very nice with shops in a 2 story structure and bears little resemblance to the old pier that existed in 1997 when we first went to Roatan. Also, if you have a private tour you can just walk out to the parking lot to meet your driver instead of having to climb the hill at Mahogany Bay, since Carnival keeps the private tour companies off the pier, which is a disservice to their passengers.

As far as the town of Coxen Hole, it is right there. Calling it a dump is not fair and is culturally insensitive. It is eminently walkable and the people are nice. I found the beach at Mahogany Bay to be a joke. The chairs were broken down, the floats stunk of body odor and there was an oil slick in the water. I much prefer the more authentic Coxen Hole to Mahogany Bay. We were just at Coxen Hole again in May on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

And, if you dock at Coxen Hole it is a shorter ride to the really nice beaches on West Bay.

Our next cruise docks at Mahogany Bay and we have booked an excursion to take us to the beaches on West Bay. I wouldn't waste any amount of money on the beach at Mahogany Bay.

I would refer to it as the Coxen Hole Pier, not the old pier. Anyone who has been there can tell you that it is very nice with shops in a 2 story structure and bears little resemblance to the old pier that existed in 1997 when we first went to Roatan. Also, if you have a private tour you can just walk out to the parking lot to meet your driver instead of having to climb the hill at Mahogany Bay, since Carnival keeps the private tour companies off the pier, which is a disservice to their passengers.

As far as the town of Coxen Hole, it is right there. Calling it a dump is not fair and is culturally insensitive. It is eminently walkable and the people are nice. I found the beach at Mahogany Bay to be a joke. The chairs were broken down, the floats stunk of body odor and there was an oil slick in the water. I much prefer the more authentic Coxen Hole to Mahogany Bay. We were just at Coxen Hole again in May on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

And, if you dock at Coxen Hole it is a shorter ride to the really nice beaches on West Bay.

Our next cruise docks at Mahogany Bay and we have booked an excursion to take us to the beaches on West Bay. I wouldn't waste any amount of money on the beach at Mahogany Bay.

Just to be clear - I didn’t say that Coxen Hole is a dump...I said other passengers did. When I sailed in there in 2007, I knew what to expect and wasn’t bothered in the least. We had a lovely excursion planned with our young boys to Gumbalmiba Park. Roatan has remained their most favorites port, and a top port for DH and me.

I concur that West Bay - including the drive there - is fantastic. Great snorkeling from shore. And we have had the best calamari ever at a place on the beach.

We never stay in Mahogany Bay and if you read my posts you will see I always recommend getting out and experiencing this fantastic island filled with great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums