8 Jan RT Barbados

vandrefalk

Greetings from lovely (but rainy) St. Lucia. CBurger, you must have gotten off hours before we boarded in Barbados! Will do a more comprehensive review on our return, but just let me say -- this is our 2nd cruise on SD -- and it is as good, if not better, than the first. 102 pax -- very diverse -- lots of brits, belgians, some kiwis and americans -- AND NO KIDS!! Crew is great -- had dinner with the captain last night (Capt. T -- who is very comfortable with passengers, unlike some others) FT - we talked about the trans-atlantic and he remembered having dinner with you (and also was aware of your being bumped on the April cruise). So - Captain T, if you read this -- thanks for including us -- we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Crew is great -- they changed the itinerary a bit because St. Vincent wasn't the nicest place -- weather has been generally good -- and we are absolutely going to hate getting off on Sunday. DH is at the future cruise briefing (and yes, Angela is the activities director), so better get down there before he's booked us on the next several cruises!

Will give all the details sometime next week when we've had a change to readjust (not) to the real world!

Vandrefalk

Thanks for posting Vandrefalk!!

Please do give our best to Capt. T ... and all of the wonderful crew on SD:D We just love our SD family and miss seeing them all.

FT and my DH are away on business (they work for the same company but different divisions) so it may be a day or two before FT responds.

Please do post again when you can!!

Captain T is a hoot. Let him know the "boys" at Long Cove are planning some big things for him! I think he will know what that means. I wish I were there with you....you know, you did have that sofa and you didn't invite me.

Oh, I am so jealous! My tan is fading and it is really going to be cold tonight. I keep looking for Ricksen or Eric to bring me a margarita and clean my sunglasses! And Danny to bring my husbands favorite - eggs benedict!

I love SDII and the crew......... I am sad not to be there, but happy you are!

Cheers!

We're back! :( Missed our connection in Miami last night, and didn't get back til late today -- there goes my day off and chance to get organized! Promise I'll do a comprehensive review later in the week and post the link to my photos when I get them uploaded to Kodak EasyShare.

Suffice it to say that it was every bit as great, if not more so, than our first SD cruise (except the weather was quite a bit rougher!) -- we've already booked for next January!

Yes, Capt T began his vacation yesterday -- he'll be back in time for the April crossing. Many of the crew were getting ready for their holidays.

More later!

Vandrefalk

Archived