Holiday Inn, Biscayne Blvd, Miami

funinthesun86

It is practically right across, we could see the ship from our room at the Holiday Inn. I think cab fare was around $10. Not sure how far the distance is exactly, I don't think I would want to walk with my bags - and I think you would be walking on the road

We are looking for a nice decent hotel pre and post cruise. Is the Holiday Inn nice? It seems so cheap compared to the rest of the hotels. Is it safe to stay there? Any recommendations for a nice but not expensive hotel would be appreciated. We are sailing on May 13, 2006 on the Navigator of Seas. Thanks :)

The Holiday Inn Bayside/Port of Miami is an older hotel and nothing fancy, but it's clean enough and safe. If you're looking for a 4 or 5 star experience it's not for you, but if you just want a safe place to sleep it's perfectly fine. It's biggest advantage is it's location. It's directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace and the bridge to the Port of Miami. It's quite popular with many on here and sells out well in advance.

TrentS:

My group is staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami precruise on March 31--spring break! I've got my hotel reservations, but have neglected the transportation from airport to hotel. Any suggestions? We've got nine people in our group. Should I also arrange transportation from cruise to airport--we've got an early flight back.

I always appreciate your advice,

TrentS.. alittle off topic but not really.. We will be staying at the HIPOM.. just wondering how long /much a cab would be to South Beach.. we are doing a 3 day pre cruise and would like to do some siteseeing.. Thanks a bunch for all your replys..

TrentS:

My group is staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami precruise on March 31--spring break! I've got my hotel reservations, but have neglected the transportation from airport to hotel. Any suggestions? We've got nine people in our group. Should I also arrange transportation from cruise to airport--we've got an early flight back.

I always appreciate your advice,

You might want to check with a limo or shuttle company like SuperShuttle, and see what they would charge for an entire van... http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/mia.htm

Otherwise you'll probably need 3 cabs. On the return if you have early flights you can either just grab taxis or arrange for a van. Taxis are a flat/fixed rate of $24 per cab between the Port of Miami and MIA.

TrentS.. alittle off topic but not really.. We will be staying at the HIPOM.. just wondering how long /much a cab would be to South Beach.. we are doing a 3 day pre cruise and would like to do some siteseeing.. Thanks a bunch for all your replys..

It's only about a 10 minute drive to South Beach, a cab should cost somewhere around $15 or so from downtown Miami.

Thanks alot we will be checking out SOBE for sure heard so much about it.. should be alot of fun!!:D

It's a LOT of fun to wander around in South Beach... Don't miss Ocean Drive between 5th & 15th Streets and Lincoln Road Mall.

Any particular reason you are staying at the Port of Miami? If you are coming in three days early, stay on the beach. Personally, I'd stay on South Beach instead of downtown (you do realize the difference is that you will be in a downtown hotel of a major metropolitan city when you could stay on the beach?).

Much to do in South Beach and it is entirely walkable.

Any particular reason you are staying at the Port of Miami? If you are coming in three days early, stay on the beach. Personally, I'd stay on South Beach instead of downtown (you do realize the difference is that you will be in a downtown hotel of a major metropolitan city when you could stay on the beach?).

Much to do in South Beach and it is entirely walkable.

We are not beach people.. prefer to be downtown and tour around.. We will see enough of South Beach while we are there I am sure..:)

Archived