Luggage Tags?

dmk

I will be using an Xpress Pass for the first time. I have just received a booklet from Celebrity which has alot of excursions and some info to fill in BUT no luggage tags.

I know this has been discussed before but I am really curious. Does Celebrity not send out luggage tags to anyone anymore? Does that mean we all have to scrabble for tags when we get to the pier?:confused:

If so, I think this is a very inept, cost saving practise!:eek: How has it worked for you? Was there a lot of wasted time at the pier? Any mix-ups?:(

I think what you got is their Shore Excursion booklet. It has all the information regarding your cruise and I think this is more for people who do not want to fill out the information on line or who do not have a computer so they can fill out the information before the cruise for immigration purposes. Somewhere in the booklet it says final documents will arrive later. I could be wrong in your case but that is what I received for my March cruise.

We sailed last week and the luggage tags were inside of the spiral bound book. They look like a page and are about in the middle. You absolutely need those tags on your luggage before you get to the ship - I learned the hard way! Why don't you call you TA?

If your TA uses traditional docs, you will get luggage tags in your package. If, however, your TA uses e-docs, you will NOT get luggage tags...you will either have to make them yourself (they give you a template) or get them from a porter at the port.

If your TA uses traditional docs, you will get luggage tags in your package. If, however, your TA uses e-docs, you will NOT get luggage tags...you will either have to make them yourself (they give you a template) or get them from a porter at the port.

We used e-docs and what you say is exactly right. I printed the worthless template. We will get more robust tags at the port.

Thanks for all your quick responses.:D I can always rely on this board.:rolleyes:

cam6959:

Yes, the booklet I received does have all the excursions in it. But I don't see where it says final documents will arrive later. I'll have to read through it one more time.

If you recieved a spiral-bound booklet - those are your "documents." I have never seen a document package like this on any other line. To the best of my memory (we sailed last week!) the first page should have your name and the itinerary on it. A few pages later you will find a page that says exactly how much you paid. Then there will be the partial list (there are more when you get on board and on the website) of excursions, and the final pages are all about special occasion options, tux rental, flowers, wine. etc.

We have used e-docs for the last couple of cruises, it was really no big deal. If you are in that situation where you need to get your tags at the dock, just make sure you have a decent pen. The dock guys are getting used to having lots of tags on them and so you stop and take five minutes to get them on. This was boarding in San Francisco.

Now let me say I would much rather have them at home, put on at home and not have to mess with them at the pier but I think e-docs are the future and we should try to get used to it.

Archived