Brilliance 2013 Lisbon WHTT group

We couldn't stay up any longer for the fado because we had to get up so early for our flight. :(. We were sorry to have to cut the evening short but it was necessary! Rodrigo played fado in the van on the way back and translated for us. They were all very sweet people! We'll be back in October but going straight from the airport to the ship. We'll have to go & stay for a week or two! :)

Hello, there! Thanks so much for setting up the slot pull. It certainly was a great icebreaker & another good way for me to connect names with faces!

I've registered for the meet & mingle for our next TA on Vision in October leaving out of Lisbon! Anyone interested? :)

I just wanted to point out to newcomers that this posts the latest message at the top. I looked around to see if I could change it so we don't have to remember that difference but didn't see any way to do it. Aywhoooo...just letting y'all know! :)

Hey everyone, jumped right back into work...after I bent my daughters ear for over an hour about how good the trip was...started planning the Alaska cruise, there's only one round trip itinerary for Radiance in May or August (5/9/14)...and the one ways are the same just going in one direction...flights are more expensive.

So that you know what we're talking about we (Diane, Karen, Laura and I) are planning on doing Alaska next Summer, but anyone is welcome to come along. I did have cruisetour booked but would much rather just cruise with friends...

Hi, Monica! Hugo & I were thinking of going Alaska in August with Hugo's daughter & son-in-law...a cruise tour with the cruise on the end. We didn't decide on number of days and we aren't sure if we'll be able to do it in 2014 or to wait until 2015. But we would love going with you all! Are you doing my-time dining? See ya later! Elayne

hi all, thanks for invite, what a great trip, i see someone, Elayne? is going back in october, i have my eye on that cruise plus another one as well in november, i think the one in october has all the balconies sold out so may do the one in november, from southampton UK, ends up in FLA with stops in several caribbean ports. trying to decide when i can afford to put a deposit, this one will take some time to pay off, LOVED Lisboa (picture me pronouncing it liszboa...) and will make every effort to try that city again. reminded me so much of San Francisco (where i lived for a few years in the 80's, but better, not as crowded).

Dave & Jill were talking about possibly going (flying in & out) again for a month-long stay. We really want to go again as well so depending on the timing, we may go for 10-12 days. Or maybe longer. :)

Hi Everyone,

We just got home today...we sure had a great time on the cruise and an amazing time in Lisboa !! Especially Tuesday night Dinner/Fado and Marcos. Thank you everyone for making it such a fun time. On Thursday we ended up taking a tour with "Cool Tours" to FÁTIMA / BATALHA / NAZARÉ / ÓBIDOS. Small tour with minivan. They did a great tour.

Hello to all! We absolutely had the best time on the cruise and Lisboa. Thanks to Karen for setting up the slot pull (we didn't win but we didn't really lose either). Also thanks to Elayne for the tour in Lisboa with We Hate Tourism Tours....that was the best tour ever. Talk about getting into the real culture of Lisbon/Portugal ... the lunch experience, the little restaurant for dinner, and the fado were all amazing! We want to go back and stay for awhile, but not until Dave is retired so it will be after 2014. We don't have any cruises planned and definitely won't be going again this year (we have 3 land based trips coming up), but we have 3 next cruise certificates so will be going sometime next year...hopefully Alaska with the girls!

It was great meeting you all & now that Elayne has started this group we can hopefully stay in touch!

Jill (& Dave)

So happy to hear that you're all home safely!

Jill & Dave, we were thinking we'd have to postpone Alaska. Now with a group of us thinking of going, then we've GOT to rethink it! :)

wouldn't it be fun to invade Alaska as a group? Glad everyone made it home safely...I did post a trip advisor review...I don't usually but WHTT was the best...and thanks again for everyone making this such a special cruise...what a group

I posted my first Trip Advisor review about WHTT. Lonnng-winded but maybe it will help their little company. They were so awesome & I love the concept. Hugo & I ruminated a *tad* about possibly doing something similar here on the Outer Banks. Just talking though...we'd have to find attractive, local, young folks with good driving (chauffeur's licenses) and the ruminating stopped there, for now anyway!

Heck, I looked at Real Estate web pages in Portugal! LOL!

I DID find a mansion for rent on the ocean...about 14k per week! But I think it sleeps 14 so that breaks down pretty good per person! :). Just dreaming...but isn't that where all adventures start?

Monica - I love the idea of a bunch of us doing Alaska together!

Jill, I hope you're fully recovered from your tumble at the airport! :eek:

Hugs to all,

Elayne

What a great experience. A combination of the perfect guide(s) & fabulous people resulted in an unbelievable fun day / night. This type of chemistry is quite unusual and is impossible to predict. It would be interesting to try to duplicate on a future cruise / tour.

Jack

Yay Amy! So excited that a group of us will be together again. I think I will do MTD with Elayne and Hugo at 7. Join us? I too have been a booking fool this week. I am determined to be Diamond status by cruise time...therefore I have 4 cruises coming up before 10/28. Good thing I bought 3 open booking confirmations on our last cruise;)

Diane