Adventure of the Sea questions

lilkrz

I'm going on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. We will be arriving at San Juan airport around 10 a.m. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do because the fact that we'll have our luggage limits what one can do. I called RCCL and one person said boarding was at 2pm but when I called another time that person told me not till 4pm. What is time most people experienced boarding? I was planning on taking a taxi verses transportation offered by the cruise line. Anyone know which is a better deal or experience? Any other FYI input greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm going on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. We will be arriving at San Juan airport around 10 a.m. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do because the fact that we'll have our luggage limits what one can do. I called RCCL and one person said boarding was at 2pm but when I called another time that person told me not till 4pm. What is time most people experienced boarding? I was planning on taking a taxi verses transportation offered by the cruise line. Anyone know which is a better deal or experience? Any other FYI input greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't say if it has changed, but when I sailed her we were on board by 11:45 - 12 noon. She sailed at 10 pm then also.

I am also crusing AOS out of San Juan, April 2nd. We will be at the airport around 1100 am, but a day ahead. There is a car rental place at SJU airport. Go to http://www.charliecars.com. They have pretty good rates on their cars, starting at 22.00 a day for an economy. That way you can do what you want for the day and don't have to worry about your bags. The drop off center is right near the port and then they offer a free shuttle to the ship.

Hope this helps.

Chrissy

It all depends on how fast customs clears the ship and the disembarkation process takes. We got to the pier at noon and had to wait in a hot line outside until 1:30 (the good part - little tiny cups of mango daquiri they were passing out in the line). We were only about 25 people away from being able to wait inside. I would say if you could get there by 11:00 - 11:30, you would be in good shape. If you have to wait, it would be inside where there is A/C and seating. On our sailing we met a couple who got there at 2 pm and just walked right on the ship with no line.

We've been on AOS two times. Each time we have arrived at the ship at about 11:00, only to find the line to get on had already started. If it were me, I'd just go straight to the port, get in line and get ready for a fun filled week!

Archived