Legend Review 3/12-20 8 night

david evan

Sorry the review is a little late!

We arrived in Florida on Tuesday, March 9th for a 3 night stay prior to our cruise. We had reserved a room in Lauderdale by the Sea at a hotel called Paradise by the Sea. Rooms were okay, staff was VERY RUDE! We were going to check out and go somewhere else but every other hotel was either triple the price or sold out (spring break). We also had this same hotel reserved on our return and could not change so we dealt with the "attitude".

Weather in Ft. Lauderdale was very nice before the cruise. It was a little cool because of the cold front that moved through but still it was nice.

On Friday morning we returned our minivan with Alamo and went to the cruise port.

Embarkation was a breeze - fastest I can ever remember. We did fill out for the fun pass so we went to the fun pass line. We were on the ship within 30 minutes after arriving to the port.

Our cabin was 5236 (catg. 7A). Very nice room. Lots of spacious room for storage. Had a refrigerator and a safe. Balcony was HUGE! Triple size of the normal. Would absolutely book this cabin again. We had space between the life boats that we could see down at the water.

Lifeboat drill was not bad. Went by fairly quick.

Legend is a beautiful ship. Was our first time on a Spirit class and is now our favorite Carnival class.

Food was really good. Service in dining room was excellent.

Shows were so-so. Bingo was fun (I never won but sister did). Karaoke was really fun. I didn't sing but we did get my Uncle Jimmy up there (without him knowing in advance) - that was mean BUT so much fun...lol

Weather throughout cruise was really beautiful. We did have a few days that were real windy but no big deal.

There is a basketball court - noticed people asking on other threads about that.

The gym is one of the nicest I have seen. In the locker rooms they have showers that have 5 different heads & is wonderful.

On sea days they have deck messages for $1.00/minute. Really worth the money, the girls are great.

Now, the ports:

St. Marteen - Orient Beach

We did this on our own. We took a taxi over and spent the day at the Kon-Tiki section of the beach.

We also did some shopping there.

Barbados - we rented a day room at Accra Beach resort. IT WAS REALLY NICE! We had a suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony that overlooked the ocean and the pool. The price to do this is 1/2 of the rack rate which cost us $99 for 2 people. They have a nice pool & beautiful beach. There is also a restaurant at the resort.

Martinique - Shopping

We just went shopping and looked around town because we had such a short time there.

If anyone has any questions just ask me & if you are unsure about what to do in Barbados I recommend the Accra Resort.

Tricia icon_wink.gif

Till We Cruise on the Legend......

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=12>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Carnival Ecstasy 11/96

Carnival Elation 01/98

Regal Empress 05/99

Enchanted Capri 09/99

Grand Princess 04/00

RCCL Enchnt. of the Seas 09/00

Grand Princess 05/01

Celebrity Millenium 01/02 (Honeymoon cruise 1st of back to back)

RCCL Enchnt. of the Seas 02/02

(Honeymoon cruise 2nd of back to back)

Carnival Victory 09/02

Golden Princess 04/03

Carnival Triumph 09/03

Carnival Legend 03/04

Thanks for the review. We will be sailing the Legend in November. A few questions:

Did the balcony door need a magnet to keep the A/C on?

I have heard that some of the ships have shampoo and soap dispensers in the showers, but I haven't seen any yet. Does the Legend have these?

Did you ask to have the mini-bar stuff removed from the refrigerator? Any problems??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the review! We'll be aboard on this same itinerary in 10 more days! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

also was on 3/12 legend~~~~~

yes, need magnet but breeze made it nice w/o !

yes,soap and shampoo dispensers in shower

no prob removing "stuff" from fridge

ºÜº

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN 3/12 LEGEND ºÜº

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We are taking this same cruise on December 5 and appreciate the comments. Anyone else care to offer information/advice? We are staying in a suite; does FLL offer priority boarding?

Looking forward to the next several months of planning and would like information on other things to do in these ports as two of them are new for us. Thanks in advance.

Jody in TN

Disney Wonder, 3-01

Dawn Princess, 7-01

CCL Sensation, 11-02

HAL Statendam, 10-03

We are leaving on the Legend in 3 weeks out of New York to San Juan. We love hearing all about the experiences of others who have sailed her.

We just had our cabin steward unlock the fridge & we removed the stuff ourself in just stuck in cabinet till last night of our cruise.

Yes, they did have shampoo & shower gel dispenser in the showers.

Also, there was a little basket of goodies in bathroom when you arrive that had: rolaids, 1 mans razor, 1 ladies razor, lever 2000 soap, small toothpaste...thats all I can remember offhand.

Again, we had a great time. We usually do 7 nights and this extra day on the 8 was really nice.

Tricia

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

Carnival Ecstasy 11/96

Carnival Elation 01/98

Regal Empress 05/99

Enchanted Capri 09/99

Grand Princess 04/00

Grand Princess 05/01

Carnival Victory 09/02

Golden Princess 04/03

Carnival Triumph 09/03

Carnival Legend 03/04

Tricia, we are booked on the Miracle in a couple of months in cabin 5236 also. Do you have any pictures of the cabin? What furniture was on the extended balcony? I assume the large space next to the cabin is a room steward storage area, can you confirm this and was there much noise from that area? Were you able to hear elevator noise?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

- Bill

Great Savdoc2. You are the only other person I have met that will be on the same cruise as us. We will have to chat in the Roll Call section.

NCL Sea November 2001

NCL Sun November 2002

Carnival Legend November 2004

We were also on 3-12 Had a great time. We had fridge unlocked but our stewardess relocked it on us with our stuff in it. That did not make us happy. We did the jeep adeventure tour in Barbados we loved it. Great day trip for 2 girls. We had a great driver and the other guest with us in jeep were alot of fun. Could have been different if we had different driver and boring people. But we were fortunate and had a great time. Was pricy but we saw some beautiful country. I would recomend the legend for anyone. Service was great and ship is georgeous. Little to long for 2 sisters to tolerate each other but it was relaxing. Hope to do it again in Jan with Hubby instead of sister. But first I have to pay for and do Princess Caribbean in Oct with DH and son and daughter in law.

d&c

We just got off the Legend this morning. Although this was probably the most fun I've had on a cruise, I can't say that this ship is beautiful. To me it was way over the top, but this is all a matter of personal taste. I like clean, contemporary lines and the Legend is the polar opposite. There were lots of positives, the food not being the least. I was very pleasantly surprized by this because on my last cruise on the Destiny in the late 90's, the food was very lacking.

Along with new-found friends, we rented a car on all three islands and had an unforgetable time.

We were upgraded to a balcony cabin, category 8I - #8267. If you have any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.

Beth

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;3;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Legend March 28, 2004

nosnobunny - was the balcony large enough for a lounge chair? Have an 8I booked for next Jan on the Legend and I would love it if you could fit a lounger on it.

David - do you have a website for the Accra resort? This looks like something Cin would love. Thanks.

Carnival Legend 02/04

Our Cruise Pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/stevencindy

steveNcindy - to contact Accra Beach Resort with your dates to get prices, etc. you can email them at:

reservations@accrabeachhotel.com

The website to the resort is http://www.accrabeachhotel.com

I think Cindy will love it....If you will send me your email address I will send you some of the photos we took at the resort.

Morrispa - yes we do have pictures, if you will send me your email address I will email them to you..just give me a couple of days...On the balcony we had 2 chairs (looked wooden - but actually plastic), one of the chairs had a foot piece that you could attach & made it kinda a lounger. Also, we had 1 small table. Really nice balcony. Next door to the left of us, their was the stewards storage and also ice machine (you can use), around the corner were the elevators But room was very soundproof, we never heard any noise at all. Again, on the balcony (supposed to be obstructed view) but you can see straight out over the lifeboats onto the water & in between the lifeboats you can look down at water and promenade deck.

Don't know if you are doing Eastern or Western but on the Eastern going we didn't get much sun on the balcony but on the return we got the sun!

Hope this helps!

-Tricia

</applet>

Carnival Ecstasy 11/96

Carnival Elation 01/98

Regal Empress 05/99

Enchanted Capri 09/99

Grand Princess 04/00

Grand Princess 05/01

Carnival Victory 09/02

Golden Princess 04/03

Carnival Triumph 09/03

Carnival Legend 03/04

Tricia, thanks for posting the info regarding Accra Beach. No info posted on this beach so I was a bit unsure. Now this will be my first choice.

<center>

cruiseship01.gif Cruisin' Southern Caribbean August 2005

</center>

plamtree_e0.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2005;8;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600plamtree_e0.gif

The balcony for our cabin was standard size and had two chairs and a small table. One chair was adjustable. When in the reclined position and with the table as a footstool, it was almost as good as a lounger. You would be hard pressed to fit a traditional one on this deck.

We had friends that booked a cat. 8E on deck 6 that had an extended deck. They are clearly indicated on the deck plans about mid-ship. If one of these is available, I'd jump on it.

Beth

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;3;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the welcome home Steve. Sorry to hear it's still cold up there. You see, I'm still toasty and warm here in Ft. Lauderdale. icon_wink.gif I'm staying another week before heading up to Washington DC for a few days before the trek home.

Beth

lol, enjoy the warmth in FLL Beth. Getting better here but still not above freeezing. We were in Niagara Falls on the weekend and woke up Sunday to about 3 inches of snow, cold and wind. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and hopefully the sun will be shining here when you return.

Carnival Legend 02/04

Our Cruise Pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/stevencindy

My husband and I, along with 4 other friends will also be on the Legend, 11/27. Perhaps we could all have a Cruise Critic get together. Just pick a time and place.

Joan & Bernie

We had brought a magnet to keep the a/c on when the balcony door was open but it doesn't work. The frame is aluminum and it does not stick. It wasn't a problem, though. The breeze was very nice. Be careful, though, when the cabin door and the deck door are open at the same time. It becomes a wind tunnel in the cabin and everything goes flying icon_eek.gif

Hi Beth! It was nice to meet you.

Disney Wonder - 12/99

Celebrity Mercury - 3/01

Carnival Victory - 1/03

Carnival Legend - 3/04

3/28 Carnival Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;3;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hawaii697 & steveNcindy - you are welcome.

If anyone wants snap shots of actual photos we took at Accra just give me your email and I will send them.

Morrispa- I will send the cabin pictures to you.

Tricia

Carnival Ecstasy 11/96

Carnival Elation 01/98

Regal Empress 05/99

Enchanted Capri 09/99

Grand Princess 04/00

Grand Princess 05/01

Carnival Victory 09/02

Golden Princess 04/03

Carnival Triumph 09/03

Carnival Legend 03/04

Archived