A mixed bag of Dawn questions here....

Anni_M

Hello all - can anyone answer a few questions?

Do they have karaoke on the Dawn?

How many formal nights on an 11 day western out of NY?

I read somewhere they have a talent contest - know anything about this? Is it indeed a contest, and what does the winner win? (I know that sounds like a presumtuous question - my apologies)

Do the specialty restaurants do half price nightly, or just the first and 2nd nights?

When it IS half price, and you are somewhere like the Tepanyaki room where you purchase ala carte, how does that work?

When dining at Le Bistro dor example, an item that is on the menu for $18, is that $18 in addition to the cover charge?

Has anyone been to Margaritaville in Ocho Rios? How was it, where is it, and is it an ok place to take kids?

Also in Ocho Rios is Lobster Daves - anyone been there? and again how was it, and how do you get there?

Thank you so very much for your replies!

Anni "I'm Outta Here in 10 Days" M.

Annie, I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can.

Yes - they have Karaoke

2 Formal Nights - both are optional.

3. Yes it's a contest - don't know what they win.

4. Half-price specialty restaurant pricing is slowly being discontinued apparently. Not sure if and or when you'll have any.

5. The cover charge is the item charge. One and the same.

Those are the only answers I can help with. Hope it helped some. ;)

Anni, in re the extra charge restaurants, the cover charge is it, but I believe there may be an item or two on the menus that have an extra charge above that.

At one time the winner of the talent show had the possibility of eventually getting an NCL contract to perform on a ship, getting a free cruise for themself and family/friends.

Hello all - can anyone answer a few questions?

Do they have karaoke on the Dawn?

When dining at Le Bistro dor example, an item that is on the menu for $18, is that $18 in addition to the cover charge?

Anni "I'm Outta Here in 10 Days" M.

Last Feb. on our 10 day cruise, the ship's passengers were a much older crowd so although they offered karaoke, there was no participation. Our group was the only table in the bar several nights, and it consisted of one of the female band singers, singing karaoke.

In Le Bistro, if a menu item had a charge listed it was in addition to the cover charge. Quite expensive, I thought.

Just love the Dawn, especially the extended itinerary ... Have a good time.

Anni, in re the extra charge restaurants, the cover charge is it, but I believe there may be an item or two on the menus that have an extra charge above that.

At one time the winner of the talent show had the possibility of eventually getting an NCL contract to perform on a ship, getting a free cruise for themself and family/friends.

That policy of possible future cruises or contracts was still in effect when we were were aboard the Jewel in October. It seems the winner's videotape is considered along with the winners of talent contests on other ships and one is eventually selected for possible contract6 with NCL and free future cruise.

Anni- look forward to seeing you at our CC meeting on the Dawn. Lots of past Dawn cruisers in our group to answer all your questions.

Le Bistro 3 level pricing for entrees

$15 for one reg item entree

$18 for fire star-various combination of 2 meats entrees

$20 for filet minion and rock lobster tail

You were charged one of the above per person and that was it.

We ordered extra appetizers and was not charged.

Teppanyaki-

$20- 2 meat item

$25 -3 meat(shrimp, scallop and filet minion) extra sushi hand roll(crab+avocado)

Going as a couple, go for $20 and order 4 different meats to share. Huge portions enough to share and try more. Sushi hand roll not very interesting. Noticed chicken was ordered and not touched.

I hope this helps

Sara

Archived